Logging Hitch

/ Logging Hitch
That's the one! Mine doesn't stop immediately either, annoying, but what do you expect for $69.00? Just finished exending the wiring and added small battery clamps, will try it tomorrow or Wed.
Teach

/ Logging Hitch
Here are some more pics of the hitch in action. Full size trees get skidded out and the tops are taken out in log length in the trailer. Also a pic of Boomer enjoying the fruits of my wood cutting labor.
Teach

Attachments

• Boo, tractor, Sculco's 061.jpg
    Boo, tractor, Sculco's 061.jpg
    892.5 KB · Views: 639
  • Boo, tractor, Sculco's 063.jpg
    Boo, tractor, Sculco's 063.jpg
    899.2 KB · Views: 860
  • Boo, tractor, Sculco's 066.jpg
    Boo, tractor, Sculco's 066.jpg
    899.6 KB · Views: 595
  • Boo, tractor, Sculco's 059.jpg
    Boo, tractor, Sculco's 059.jpg
    799 KB · Views: 464
   / Logging Hitch #13  
Look closely at the box in the first picture :D:D-- Chicago (harbour freight) 3000 lb wireless winch. I have that winch on a receiver mount and plug it in using a heavy duty lighter socket. So far it works fine -- the only annoying feature is that it does not immediately stop -- the drum continues to wind about 6" of cable. Nice to be able to stay out of the way though:eek:

I have that same winch, and noticed the same thing abut it not stopping on command. Gotta watch out for that. I mounted mine on a plate that slips over a 2 in ball.

/ Logging Hitch #14  
   / Logging Hitch #15  
Nice Teach! I'm starting to collect "parts" for my future Frankenwinch. I think I'm going to go with a hydraulic winch, although I may go with electric due to the overload "safety" feature. Hydraulics don't stop.

PS - I hope you installed a lock pin in that lift arm draw pin in photo #2!!

/ Logging Hitch #16  
cool set up i am awlays pulling logs out with my ford 8n and would love something better than that drawbar! Love the pics too:) In the second set of pic's it looks like the lift arm has no pin to hold you logging carryall on? just wondering??:confused:
thanks
--taylor

/ Logging Hitch #17  
That's a better woods wagon than I have. (4x6 trailer with outboard tires) Long and narrow is certainly better to at least get by what my 4' wide tractor can get through.
What town in Rhody are you in?

/ Logging Hitch #18  
Good Mornin Teach,
Very nicely done ! That thing looks like it would work great ! Good idea on notching out the larger logs for the chain.

BTW your missing a lynch pin on your lower arm !

/ Logging Hitch
Thanks Scott. I am aware of the hitch pin too. Already took care of it, I always keep a couple under my seat in the tool box.
Arrow, I am in Hopkinton, RI.
Teach

/ Logging Hitch #20  
Good Mornin Teach,

.....BTW your missing a lynch pin on your lower arm !

Are guys on this board great or what? What an observant catch.