Anyone using the new LED or HID lights

/ Anyone using the new LED or HID lights #11  
HID lighting is ridiculously expensive. My car has HID head lamps and I had to replace them, $300!!! And that is for a relatively high volume bulb. If you include the housing and HV transformer it's not surprising how much they cost.

Look in AW Towing catalog. They have a few HID worklights and they all run in the $300 range. But MAN are they BRIGHT!!! I'd love to have them on my machine.

/ Anyone using the new LED or HID lights
First off that's to medicshawn,

You pointed out a set of LED lights for just $65 each on e-bay. I did a search on them "Maxxima MWL-01 Heavy Duty LED Work Lights", and found a guy using them as a backup light.

He says there is a center light beam of 500' that is real bright with a good flood light effect around the area also. I am going to order two for the work light positions on my tractor and test them out before I order them for the front flood lights that I want. I'll post pictures when we get her going.

On a low note, cold...blowing....snow.....real cold #$%^# temps here right now......ccccome oooon sssspring:D.

/ Anyone using the new LED or HID lights #13  
That's what I did. I ordered 2 and hooked one up to a battery to test it. Based upon the brightness I ordered 2 more. Still working on installing mine. If you order from the guy in Pa he shipped quick. I knew I wanted LED's and these seemed like the most reasonable option. Alot of the LED lights are useless after 5 or 10 feet these seem to be much better.

I'm orginialy from Roanoke Va, will be down that way in April if we have our spring flood over by then. If not will be down in May hopefully.

/ Anyone using the new LED or HID lights #15  
I'm at 220+ watts or half my usable voltage. .

Half your useable current/wattage.. voltage will be a constant in this calc.

I use led long throw lamps in stage lighting setups.. lot less heat!

soundguy

Hey Soundguy,

I've got two of the LED units ordered, I'll be playing with them this week. I'll post up some photos, I'll make a couple pigtails so I can check the light as if they are mounted on the ROPS pointed forward.

I'll post up some photos of the test, I hope they are as good as I've read in other groups. If it all works out these first two will be rear work lights and the next pair will be forward facing on the ROPS. With the load being so low I'll be using the existing wiring for the rear work lights. I found water proof switches like what Bass Pro sells for only $6+ each. I have them coming in and will report if they are any good also.

/ Anyone using the new LED or HID lights #17  
The low wattage is the nice part.

Ever look at the new christmass tree lamp led sets.. due tot he low wattage.. you can plug in like 45 sets together with no visit from the fire department!

soundguy

Got my lights today,

The company needs to pack these better, there was a defuser ring with clips to put it on with, they both arrived with a clip broken off.

I made a quick connection and tried one of the lights tonight, it was pretty bright, not as sharp a light as halogen but good enough to see in the dark. The one light lit up a area about 30'wide and lit up all the way to a set of trees about 75 yards away. I could not get my camera to take photos sorry guys.

Anyone know where I can order pigtail connectors the same size that come on a New Holland. I checked my rear pigtails and they are setup to apply power anytime the switch is on so I'll have to order a couple switches to wire the lights in.