Kubota front fenders

/ Kubota front fenders #11  
We have had quite a few new farm tractors with the interference issue between the front fenders and the loader mounts. The newer tractors all have a kind of real stiff spring on the base of the fender mount so that you can still turn all the way and when the fender hits the loader it just springs out of the way and you still get all of your turning radius.

-Justin

/ Kubota front fenders
Thanks for all the pictures and comments. Attached are some pictures of what I came up with

Attachments

• Assemblyprior to welding.JPG
    Assemblyprior to welding.JPG
    817.9 KB · Views: 1,573
  • Supervisor.JPG
    Supervisor.JPG
    777.5 KB · Views: 1,571
  • 58 Gallons of Balsamic Vinegar barrel great fenders.JPG
    58 Gallons of Balsamic Vinegar barrel great fenders.JPG
    726.3 KB · Views: 1,072
  • Closeup of lowermount.JPG
    Closeup of lowermount.JPG
    858.5 KB · Views: 1,596
   / Kubota front fenders
A couple more pictures. Come spring I will have to do something about the color.

Attachments

• Framework.JPG
    Framework.JPG
    824.5 KB · Views: 1,760
  • Finished fender.JPG
    Finished fender.JPG
    670.1 KB · Views: 2,002
  • Outboard notch for clearance.JPG
    Outboard notch for clearance.JPG
    777.9 KB · Views: 1,490
  • Next project 3rd function control valve.JPG
    Next project 3rd function control valve.JPG
    770.4 KB · Views: 914
   / Kubota front fenders #14  
Shouldn't have done it!

Nope. Your dog stole your thunder:D. He or she is beautiful.:cool:

OK now that I said that I'll add you did a very nice job on the fenders. Good idea to use the plastic barrel. Get some plastic shaker can paint and you'll think they came with the machine. Nice work!

/ Kubota front fenders #15  
Good lookng job. Cute dog. Life is good. Congratulations.

/ Kubota front fenders #17  
A couple more pictures. Come spring I will have to do something about the color.

The color is fine for my NH! Wouldn't have to worry about the color changing as they got blasted with mud. Nice idea..Looks like the same sort of notch would be needed for mine to make sure the loader had clearance. Thanks for the pictures...oh yeah I should probably worry about getting a cab first! :)

/ Kubota front fenders #18  
Yep my Canadian Kubota L4240 has front fenders. They are standard equipment on some of the Grand L models here in Canada. I'm almost sure that from the model 3940- 5740 have them. Below those models they don't because the front Axel assembly is different with no mounting points for the fenders to bolt on to.

That being said I'm sure if you wanted to install a set of these fenders you could just by fabricating your own mounting brackets. It's a well worth item to have on a tractor in my opinion. I attached a few pictures for you to view. You'll see why I'm talking about in the difference of the front Axel.

You'll also notice that I added a mud flap to improve on keeping water from flying up on the windshield. I checked my parts manual and even my service manual and there were no part numbers on the fenders however there's a name stamped on the fenders and it is "Dunloflex-E" You might goggle it and see what that tells you. The Canadian Grand "L" model also comes with a higher output alternator and rear defrost on all three windows. I'm not sure if the American Grand L's do as well.

johndeere4300 you know me to well my friend ;) I'm busy these days working on a friends Harley but when I'm done you'll see another addition to the tractor. Next week I'll post what I've done. As they say, "Stay tuned and don't change the channel" :D

THANKS FOR THE DUNLOFLEX-E . FOUND A WEBSITE LOOKS PROMISING

/ Kubota front fenders #19  
THANKS FOR THE DUNLOFLEX-E . FOUND A WEBSITE LOOKS PROMISING

One thing you'll need to do if you install fenders and that is to make good strong mounting brackets for them. Kubota did an outstanding job designing the ones on my tractor. Stronger means better :thumbsup:

/ Kubota front fenders #20  
Reviving another old thread..... Does anyone know if the Kubota L series "factory" front fender can be ordered from a Canadian dealer? (I am in the US).