Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    l3240 HST

Default Kubota front fenders

In reading this forum I have seen several mentions of front fenders on Canadian Kubotas. I have checked with my dealers service and sales people and they are unaware of any front fenders available. I have checked my parts manual without success.
    I have a L3240 that I use for snow removal on my plow route. This time of year as I travel down the road the amount of road spray completely covers the windows thus the need for front fenders. Any information such as part numbers etc will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240 cab BH 92 backhoe

Default Re: Kubota front fenders

4shorts installed front fenders on his L
    Quick Links to my other Modifications

Stack………… Inclinometer…….…FEL Indicator……… ICC Lights……..……Tilt Wheel …….….…
    Fel Knob …… Bucket Cam …… Double Step……….…Auto Level ……..…. Snow Video……

WaxMan
    to preserve and protect

Tractor
    John Deere 4300

Quote Originally Posted by suttonsuperduty View Post
    In reading this forum I have seen several mentions of front fenders on Canadian Kubotas. I have checked with my dealers service and sales people and they are unaware of any front fenders available. I have checked my parts manual without success.
    I have a L3240 that I use for snow removal on my plow route. This time of year as I travel down the road the amount of road spray completely covers the windows thus the need for front fenders. Any information such as part numbers etc will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Welcome to TBN!

Yea 4shorts has a tricked out tractor.

I haven't seen him post any new projects in a while, i wonder what he is working on.
    John 3:16

01 JohnDeere4300 "Sync-Reverser", Vertical Exhaust, 2 JD Lawn Tractors, JD Walk Behind.

430-FEL/ 47-Backhoe/ 5' Bush-Hog/ Single Bottom Plow/ 6' Disc/ Aerator Spreader/ HF Quick-Hitch!

(Homemade Stuff) BH Thumb/ Log-Hitch/ 10' Boom-Pole/ 42'' Pallet Forks ''FEL Quick Attach & 3PH Quick-Hitch-Attach''/ Ballast Box 1381 lbs./ Aluminum Canopy/ Brush-Guard Mod/ 5x10 Firewood Trailer/ Lawn Striper.

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

I have seen plastic trailer fenders mounted on brackets that bolted to the backing plate. After looking at a similar Deere farm tractor I considered it for a larger kubota tractor but never got around to it. It would work and I think you can paint the plastic to match.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Yep my Canadian kubota L4240 has front fenders. They are standard equipment on some of the Grand L models here in Canada. I'm almost sure that from the model 3940- 5740 have them. Below those models they don't because the front Axel assembly is different with no mounting points for the fenders to bolt on to.

That being said I'm sure if you wanted to install a set of these fenders you could just by fabricating your own mounting brackets. It's a well worth item to have on a tractor in my opinion. I attached a few pictures for you to view. You'll see why I'm talking about in the difference of the front Axel.

You'll also notice that I added a mud flap to improve on keeping water from flying up on the windshield. I checked my parts manual and even my service manual and there were no part numbers on the fenders however there's a name stamped on the fenders and it is "Dunloflex-E" You might goggle it and see what that tells you. The Canadian Grand "L" model also comes with a higher output alternator and rear defrost on all three windows. I'm not sure if the American Grand L's do as well.

johndeere4300 you know me to well my friend I'm busy these days working on a friends Harley but when I'm done you'll see another addition to the tractor. Next week I'll post what I've done. As they say, "Stay tuned and don't change the channel"

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -f1-jpg   -f2-jpg   -f3-jpg   -h1-jpg  
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Note to anyone with a loader contemplating fenders; interference is a major issue and be prepared to have them not fit in some cases. They hit the loader frame on sharp turns.
    You can reduce the impact of this by stopping the front wheels from turning too sharp but that creates it's own difficulties.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    Note to anyone with a loader contemplating fenders; interference is a major issue and be prepared to have them not fit in some cases. They hit the loader frame on sharp turns.
    You can reduce the impact of this by stopping the front wheels from turning too sharp but that creates it's own difficulties.
    Good heads up. I've been contemplating using either steel or plastic trailer fenders from TSC and fabricating some type of mounts for a B3030 cab.
    The pic from 4shorts has given me something to think about, but I'm not running out to the barn to look at the front end and loader clearance at this very moment. Tomorrow is another day!
    Time loves to be wasted. From that waste their is no salvage - Henry Ford

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 2001 Ford F450 w/Telsta A28D aerial lift • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    They don't hit anywhere on mine! I think if one makes sure they fit the wheel and use the proper mounting system they should be ok. If I were installing a set of fenders on the front I would go with plastic ones. They don't rust and if they get hit by ice or rocks there will be minimum damage and most likely no damage at all. Just my 2 cents worth
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    l3240 HST

Thanks to all for all the replies,and thanks for the pictures 4shorts they give me more info to think about.

Tractor
    John Deere 4300

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post

johndeere4300 you know me to well my friend I'm busy these days working on a friends Harley but when I'm done you'll see another addition to the tractor. Next week I'll post what I've done. As they say, "Stay tuned and don't change the channel"

Glad to hear from ya,

Yea i knew you wasn't just loafing around i must say that you are one buy person.

With the custom shop and the work you do in it, i am kind of glad that i don't live close to you, i would be broke by now.

That was also some nice fenders, somehow i missed those.

I will stay tuned.
    John 3:16

01 JohnDeere4300 "Sync-Reverser", Vertical Exhaust, 2 JD Lawn Tractors, JD Walk Behind.

430-FEL/ 47-Backhoe/ 5' Bush-Hog/ Single Bottom Plow/ 6' Disc/ Aerator Spreader/ HF Quick-Hitch!

(Homemade Stuff) BH Thumb/ Log-Hitch/ 10' Boom-Pole/ 42'' Pallet Forks ''FEL Quick Attach & 3PH Quick-Hitch-Attach''/ Ballast Box 1381 lbs./ Aluminum Canopy/ Brush-Guard Mod/ 5x10 Firewood Trailer/ Lawn Striper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast