A "Dumpster" for my Tractor

/ A "Dumpster" for my Tractor #1  

dmfahie

Tractor
J.D. 2305
We have a very long driveway, and instead of dragging the pails up I want to build a little dumpster, then be able to attach it to either the bucket or thr 3pt. to haul it up to the road. I was thinking of using a polycarb box (Such as a Rubbermaid Product) for the dumpster, along with poly-carb pallets. (2) Pallets (4'x4') would give me a 4' x 8' Dumpster, and I have a 48" bucket. Any ideas?

/ A "Dumpster" for my Tractor #2  
How is the garbage going to be picked up by the garbage men? If they have to pick the bags out by hand then buy a simple wagon and build it so you can put the bags on it along with your recyclables. If you use cans still your garbage men might like being able to dump the cans in their truck from the wagon as they wouldn't have to pick the can up from the ground and that gets old after a while.

/ A "Dumpster" for my Tractor
Thanks for the idea, but in the winter time there isnt much room to make a turn with the tractor as the driveway gets very narrow, I was think of forks on the bucket.

/ A "Dumpster" for my Tractor #4  
Then maybe a simple pallet with rails around it to hold the garbage cans and keep them from blowing around? You can get pallets in all sorts of sizes so you should be able to find one suitable for your use.

/ A "Dumpster" for my Tractor #6  
I would get the carry all and put plywood on it and add 3 sides to prevent it falling off. It would be better balanced on tractor, safer, more useful, can see over the bucket (those garbage cans can be tall), and easier to add on/off the tractor.;)

Attachments

• carry all.jpg
    carry all.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 243
Thanks guys, I will let you know how it comes out as you have given me some good approaches on this, thank you.

/ A "Dumpster" for my Tractor #8  
I bought a carry-all to do the same thing.
I used 2 pallets as a base then built up three sides
(sides needed to be bolted to hold the weight.) then
put the bed liner out of my ford on it with bolts.
I will post pics friday.

good luck
Taylor

Taylor,

Sounds good, look forward to seeing pics if you have time to post them.

Thanks!

/ A "Dumpster" for my Tractor #10  
That is an easy project. Build the bottom to support the number of trash cans you want to carry. Make if at least four, then a second grid two ft higher to help hold the trashcans in place. Maybe the garbage men will put them back in the grid for you to come and run the forks in, pick up and go. You can build a spot for the small tub or glass/cans.

I sometimes carry two on a pallet with a bungee cord setup.

You could make one out of an old steel door, and carry maybe 6 trashcans.