LED Work Lights

/ LED Work Lights #1  

Thumper & Buttercup

Gold Member
Tractor
NH T2220
Hey Guys,

Finally got all the wiring and lights in, and had a couple days to do the work. I bought all my wiring and switches from a marine boating place on e-bay, good prices and good service. This place has the wiring loom like the tractor comes with and I wanted to put all the harness in them to make the install look factory.

Wiring supplier - genuinedealz
Lights supplier - thetrailershoppecom

I purchased my lights from a trailer supply place again on e-bay, pretty good service, they sent my first set of lights in a mail bag, the rings that snap on the lights got broken. I mentioned it to them and the next set they sent in a box and came OK. They still have not sent my rings but I'm not sure I'm going to use them.

My only mistake was making my upper light brackets out of thinner metal, when it warms up I'll make new ones out of 1/4" steel and all will be good. We turned off the shop lights and turned on just the flood lights, you can see they are plenty bright, sorry about the crappy photos I used my wife's camera instead of my good cannot one. I'll try to get some outside photos later when we get a good dark night. These lights are bright enough to put on for headlights for guys who don't have a good set or want to knock down the power problems. They only pull .63 amps each. Hope this helps.

Lower lights, brackets were made from L shaped deck building brackets.

IMG_0303.JPG

Upper lights, brackets are flat steel with u-clamps and
rubber under bracket so it will not scratch paint.

IMG_0302.JPG

Wife showing off lights.

IMG_0304.JPG

Front and rear lights turned on in a dark shop. Sorry about the blurry photo her camera is slow and I was not steady enough.

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

/ LED Work Lights #2  
Thumper,

Those lights look great! I went to "thetrailershop.com" website, but they don't seem to have a "web store". What is the make/model of the actual lights? Maybe I can source them through a local trailer shop.

Thanks,
Jay

/ LED Work Lights #3  
Lights look great, good job! In my old hot rodding days, would have told you it looks "sanitary".

Don

/ LED Work Lights
Hey Jay,

Sorry I forgot to add the Light details, here is the
name of them.

Maxxima MWL-01 Heavy Duty LED Work Light

I got them for $64.95 on their e-bay web site.

/ LED Work Lights #5  
nice have any night time shots
I know its hard to get them what with our LONG days now
lol
What part of this great state you from
jimtown here the big buffalo town

/ LED Work Lights
Hey Gordyy,

We are west of Grand Forks, yep I thought about late shots last night but about 10pm I was plumb lazy:D.

/ LED Work Lights #7  
They look very nice Thumper. Good job!!:D Now you can see what you want to see and what you do not want to see!!:eek::D

Mike

/ LED Work Lights
I know they are expensive at $65 but compared to the price of $465 for one JD HID light these four are about half that cost of one JD light.

We've got some weather coming in but hopefully later in the week I'll get a couple night shots in, that photo of the lights are just the work lights, I don't have any of the regular lights turned on there.

These lights are a sealed unit, you can't get into them, so if enough lights burn out you will need to replace the hole unit.

/ LED Work Lights #10  
I know they are expensive at $65 but compared to the price of $465 for one JD HID light these four are about half that cost of one JD light.

We've got some weather coming in but hopefully later in the week I'll get a couple night shots in, that photo of the lights are just the work lights, I don't have any of the regular lights turned on there.

These lights are a sealed unit, you can't get into them, so if enough lights burn out you will need to replace the hole unit.

Apples and oranges, comparing LEDs to HIDs. I'm sure the HIDs are much brighter, but your LEDs look pretty darn good! And it'll be a long, long time before those LEDs burn out.