Stay away from Sims/Cab Depot

/ Stay away from Sims/Cab Depot #11  
Last year I upgraded to a Kioti CK25HST and it also had a Sims cab already installed. I was totally disappointed in this cab. The doors did not fit or close properly, the cab was floor mounted and the whole cab would jump around violently and almost take the floor off with it in the process plus I could not see anything around me due to the sheet metal panel design and small rubber mounted windows. I saved the door latches, heater, roof panel and one wiper motor and started from scratch to build a whole new cab. This one is rubber mounted to solid parts of the tractor, does not move at all during operation of the tractor and I can see what am doing. Best of all the doors fit and no water enters the cab.

From the pictures, it looks like you did a beautiful job rebuilding that cab. Looks like a well manufactured cab now, which is more than I can say for the Simms version that was on it before.

/ Stay away from Sims/Cab Depot #12  
Dmace, there is absolutely no reason that Sims should not provide detailed installation instructions, including accurate photos. To many companies are either too lazy (or cheap) to provide acceptable customer service. On a new item that was specifically designed fpr something there is simply no excuse for poor documentation. Would it have been acceptable to you if Kioti had neglected to put the capacities of the fluids that you need to service your tractor? My rant is over, Bill C

/ Stay away from Sims/Cab Depot #13  
I previously owned a Kubota B1700HST with a soft side Sims cab. I did not install it myself, it was already on when I purchased the tractor. I though it was OK at least much better than no cab.
Last year I upgraded to a Kioti CK25HST and it also had a Sims cab already installed. I was totally disappointed in this cab. The doors did not fit or close properly, the cab was floor mounted and the whole cab would jump around violently and almost take the floor off with it in the process plus I could not see anything around me due to the sheet metal panel design and small rubber mounted windows. I saved the door latches, heater, roof panel and one wiper motor and started from scratch to build a whole new cab. This one is rubber mounted to solid parts of the tractor, does not move at all during operation of the tractor and I can see what am doing. Best of all the doors fit and no water enters the cab.
The Sims cab is the black one.
I know building a cab is not for everyone but its not hard to improve on the Sims cab but then again it's not easy for a manufacturer to make a good cab for just a couple thousand bucks. That's why the good one cost $7,000.00.

Your rebuilt cab looks incredibly well made - you should go into the business.

I reckon even I could make better cab than the Sims you started out with - that looks disgustingly ameteurish.

/ Stay away from Sims/Cab Depot #14  
I previously owned a Kubota B1700HST with a soft side Sims cab. I did not install it myself, it was already on when I purchased the tractor. I though it was OK at least much better than no cab.
I know building a cab is not for everyone but its not hard to improve on the Sims cab but then again it's not easy for a manufacturer to make a good cab for just a couple thousand bucks. That's why the good one cost $7,000.00.

I was thinking of a cab for our M59 and looking at the one you built. It's very impressive. Could you be talked into starting a thread about how to build a cab? I'd like to know what I'm getting into. Things like what materials you used and how best to fasten them. Mounting considerations? Was there any unanticipated problem? Say, what are your favorite tools for this type of job....that would tell us a lot.
rScotty

/ Stay away from Sims/Cab Depot #15  
Building my cab was a very rewarding project. Big snows here are hit or miss, but after spending the previous 23 winters on an open tractor, it was well worth the $1,200 or so in material and 150+ hours of time. It's tight, has real glass and a heater capable of keeping it warm enough to plow while wearing a T-shirt. It is built in pieces, so it came off in about an hour last spring. Since I made some lighting and wiring mods it took the best part of a Saturday to reinstall this fall. Here are a few pics from last year when it was first completed. I have since changed the work lights to 2 forward and 2 rear LED floods. The one thing I overlooked was sound isolation and there's a fairly simple plan for that in the future.

Attachments

• Small Done 1.jpg
    Small Done 1.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 1,116
  • Small Done 2.jpg
    Small Done 2.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 946
  • Small Done 3.jpg
    Small Done 3.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 836
   / Stay away from Sims/Cab Depot #16  
Building my cab was a very rewarding project. .......snip......... The one thing I overlooked was sound isolation and there's a fairly simple plan for that in the future.

Have you got any pictures showing the costruction? I'm undecided whether to go with square tubing or angle, ....and what to cover it with? Might start with a simple windshield and exhaust re-route. Did you rubber mount it? Insulation? What's the inside look like?
rScotty

/ Stay away from Sims/Cab Depot #17  
rScotty, here's the thread from last year:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/263920-diy-cab-finally-decided-time.html

It is bolted right to the tractor. Some day I may get around to isolating it. You can see details in the thread above. In short, it's separate panels made of 1x1 square tube and the doors are 3/4x3/4 square tube. Some Armaflex sheet is glued in but there's so much glass it likely does nothing. Heater doen't care one bit. It is usually too hot with the fan on low speed. What I really need to do is let some of the water run through the bypass after initial warmup. Any questions are welcome.

/ Stay away from Sims/Cab Depot #18  
I for one highly recommend SIMS cabs.

I have owned one since 2008 with ZERO issues.

My b2920 was used to design the cab for the b2320-b2920.

Is it as nice as a factory cab; no

Is it functional keeping you out of the elements and WARM; yes

Is it less expensive than the factory option; MUCH CHEAPER

Could the assembly instructions be clearer; YES

Having said that my wife assembled most of it (after the main supports and roof assembled) as I got called to out to work.

I guess if you can't change engine oil in your vehicle then you probably WILL have issues assembling this kit.

Here is the b2920 with SIMS cab

Attachments

• image-222921591.jpg
    image-222921591.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 910
   / Stay away from Sims/Cab Depot #19  

You should go in business making cabs. That has got to be the NICEST homemade cab I have EVER seen and I am around tractors all day, every day

/ Stay away from Sims/Cab Depot #20  
HAs anyone felt with Sims recently? I have one of their cabs and I have tried contacting them by email and by phone with no response by either