Bucket Teeth from Ebay

/ Bucket Teeth from Ebay #11  
The excavator I used two weekends ago had pin on teeth and they weren't going anwhere.

I'm thinking you've got nothing to worry about.

Interesting you welded directly to your bucket. For me I'd be affraid that I could not as easily scoup up from my driveway, loom, mulch and the like.

Nice welds.

Joel

Look a little closer, he welded to the cutting bar/edge which is bolted to the bucket.

/ Bucket Teeth from Ebay
Look a little closer, he welded to the cutting bar/edge which is bolted to the bucket.

I'm not sure what you are seeing, but I welded onto the bucket. The cutting bar is below the bucket and is still removable. You can see the bolts for the cutting bar through the bucket, and between the teeth.

It might be that I painted the inside of the bucket, but stopped with enough room to weld on the teeth?

Eddie

/ Bucket Teeth from Ebay #13  
I'm not sure what you are seeing, but I welded onto the bucket. The cutting bar is below the bucket and is still removable.

It might be that the design of my bucket is different then on a CUT?

Eddie

My eyes do deceive me. I go in for cataract surgery next week. Hope that helps somewhat.

/ Bucket Teeth from Ebay #14  
thanks for the pics.. Now I have proof that these do exist:D every dealer around here only carries the ones that go under the bucket, which as you pointed out, limits the uses of the bucket. Thanks to Piloon for the part #, now I'm armed with a PDF with part #'s, I should finally be able to buy the parts I'm after.....

/ Bucket Teeth from Ebay #15  
Great looking teeth! Been looking at doing something like that on mine. As for the Pin on teeth, you should be just fine. All of the heavy construction equipment that I have ever operated uses pin on teeth. Makes it cheaper to change teeth when they get wore out. About yearly on ours. Just remember to replace pins everytime you change teeth, and if you lose one, don't use the stub too hard or you'll be cutting it off to get a new tooth on there.

/ Bucket Teeth from Ebay #16  
My eyes do deceive me. I go in for cataract surgery next week. Hope that helps somewhat.

That's okay JJ, I thought the same thing when I first looked. I had thought about using an old cutting bar on top to mount teeth so that they would be removable. Also, good luck on the surgery. They'll probably do one eye at a time but it will be like night and day difference.

Eddie - Nice job on the install. Do the pins allow the teeth to roll back any when back dragging? They look like they'll pivot a little.

/ Bucket Teeth from Ebay
I used a 4 pound hammer to put the pins in. They are two pieces of metal with rubber in the middle of them. They are thicker at the ends, which I'm hoping will stop them from sliding out. They are very tight. At least they are so tight that I cannot feel any movement in them.

Eddie

/ Bucket Teeth from Ebay #18  
Eddie,
After trying out those teeth like you did, you certainly realized they do make a difference in the ability to dig with the bucket, right? Now you can attest personally to the difference having tried it with and without a toothbar. I have not had mine off since I installed it 4 years ago. In fact, I might need to replace the teeth since they are wearing down. The teeth also helps with my bucket grapple when grabbing rocks or logs. It's been one of the best additions for digging for sure.
Rob-

/ Bucket Teeth from Ebay
Hi Rob,

Yes, they allowed me to dig into soil that I wouldn't have thought possible without them. My real problem was in loading up a pile of dirt that I made with the dozer. A pile might be a hundred to a thousand yards of dirt. While the outer edges of that pile are pretty easy to get a full bucket, the inside part of that pile gets compacted by the dozer in building that pile. The if it sits there for a few months, which is how long some of those piles take to move, it gets even more compacted. I've resorted to breaking up soil with the backhoe just so I could load it with the front bucket!!!!! I'm hopeful that with the teeth, I can load a pile regardless of how long it's sat there, or how compacted it's become. My last pile was about 300 yards and it's what pushed me to find something to make loading faster and easier. Only time will tell, but having the shanks with removable teeth will allow me to try different types of teeth. I like that option too. If these teeth wear out quickly, I can always buy something else.

Eddie

/ Bucket Teeth from Ebay #20  
When I built my tooth bar I bought the kind Jinman is speaking about. They clip on the bucket edge and are welded on to a 3/8" x4" flat surface. Mine were purchased from FABCO, the Cat people at around 15 each. I got a box full of teeth from a local bucket manufacturer for 10 bucks so I have enough teeth to replace them several times over. They are attached with the pins as you stated. Two bolts hold the tooth bar on and it slides off in 5 minutes. I wouldn't build without the clip on type fixtures... just my 2 cents. Hope yours work out fine.