Waterproof gauges

/ Waterproof gauges #1  

Darren

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710, Ford 5600, Case MB4/94, Kubota B6200
I've been thinking about adding an oil pressure and hydraulic fluid temperature gauge to my Kubota. Since the tractor gets stored under the sky so to speak, I've been looking for gauges that were waterproof and hopefully shock resistant.

I just got a catalog showing Gaffrig gauges which are designed for marine applications. They're a bit pricey but cheap compared to major repair work. The website is: www.livorsi.com

/ Waterproof gauges #2  
If your thinking about a standard mechanical type, panel mount glycerin filled guages will do the trick. Plastic lenses and either aluminum or stainless bodies. Places like McMaster-Carr carry these for about $15 each.

/ Waterproof gauges
I've been looking for electrical gauges. I saw what happened once when the tube to a mechanical oil pressure gauge was disconnected. Fortunately the engine was shutdown before it was damaged.

It's not unusual to get branches or sticks jammed into odd places places clearing brush or working in the woods. Losing the input to an electrical gauge is not an immediate concern.