Anti Scalp wheels and headlights on 129

/ Anti Scalp wheels and headlights on 129 #1  

KSagal

Tractor
Cub Cadet 129 Hydrostatic
I am a happy new owner to a 1972 Cub Cadet 129...

I have all kinds of questions, but the first things I need to do, considering my yard, is add anti scalp wheels to the deck, and headlights for those late night mowing and hauling projects...

I am also new to this forum, so I would appreciate any points in the right direction...

/ Anti Scalp wheels and headlights on 129 #2  
If you want to add anti scalp wheels do it on all four corners of the deck, also be prepared for a shock, my grandsons "lost" one on the deck of my tractor and I went to replace it $16 for a plastic wheel.

/ Anti Scalp wheels and headlights on 129
Since my deck does not have them, I am guessing that I will not only need the wheels but the brackets as well... I don't like the prospect of $16 times 4, but it could be worse, as long as all the hardware is included...

I need to find a dealer somewhere close to the North Boston Suburbs...

/ Anti Scalp wheels and headlights on 129 #4  
The headlight is easy, You only need one. Get a bowtie beam instead of a spotlight type. NAPA or AutoZone ought to have a kit. They may make you buy 2 lights, but you only need one. A yellow foglight works good because it won't attract as many bugs.

The scalp wheels probably requires some welding or drilling of holes in the deck or support brackets to attach them. Maybe you should consider lowering the deck as far as possible, scalp the lawn into a new profile, let the grass recover, sharpen the blades and be done with it. If you want to save the blades, turn them upside down and scalp the hair off it. Wear a dust mask...