BX 25 Tool Boxes

/ BX 25 Tool Boxes #1  

RomeK2

Bronze Member
Tractor
Just sold Hinomoto E16
The picture is my new tractor (after 50 hour of use and the 50 hour service) with 2 tool boxes (holders) I made. The design is based on previous posts that I saw on here.

I first built the 4" diameter pvc with two end caps toolbox which I mounted through the existing hole on the left FEL posts. It is mounted with cap nuts, a couple of bushings, a threaded rod, lock washers and a couple of nuts. I sanded the top cap and it simply slides off and on easily and smoothly. I like the way it came out but felt it needed to be just a bit bigger. I wanted to be able to fit a small claw hammer.

So I built another one that is 6" diameter, moved the 4" to the right post and thats what I have. The 4" fits well on the right because the FEL control box is there. The 6" would not fit on the right side. They are both the same height. Also, I put a clear trim (door trim guard bought from auto supply store) where the cylinder meets the post and a small square x 1/4"thick rubber material at the top of the post to shim it parallel to the post.

I keep wrenches in the little one and all kinds of stuff in the other. Here is the pic...

Attachments

• DSC_3692.jpg
    DSC_3692.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,007
   / BX 25 Tool Boxes #2  
Looks good ! :)

/ BX 25 Tool Boxes #3  
Hey Rome, Terrific idea, I like it. So darn difficult to find good tool box locations on tractors. You've certainly sparked some ideas for me! Nice.
Thanks,
. . . tug

/ BX 25 Tool Boxes #4  
great job!

Yes it's hard to find a good place for a toolbox on a tractor.

Thanks for sharing.

/ BX 25 Tool Boxes
   / BX 25 Tool Boxes #7  
:D ;) You are welcome! Glad to help another feller TBN'er!:)

/ BX 25 Tool Boxes #8  
Absolutely,..credit where credit is due. Thanks Radioman ! Its all you really need sometimes,..."just a place to start". You modify and improve and change and end up with something worthwhile,...all from that one little seed that somebody planted. OR,...often you just copy and enjoy. Thanks again fellas,..great ideas!
CHEERS,
. . tug