Home built cab

/ Home built cab #1  

DEON

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25 HST w/home built cab
I just started looking into this forum a few days ago. I love it. It's full of interesting stuff and interesting people. Though some of you may like to see my home built cab. I had a Sims cab that I did not like. Too much steel and not enough glass. I saved the door latches, the roof panel and the heater. All the rest is new. I made patterns and ordered tempered glass with holes for hinges, wipers etc. Had fun designing and building and now have fun using it.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 1,289
  • Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 859
  • New cab headliner.jpg
    New cab headliner.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 908
  • Open door.jpg
    Open door.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 1,085
   / Home built cab #2  
Welcome to TBN!

Very nice job!

You done such a great job that it looks like a factory cab.

What kind of metal did you use for the frame ? ... It doesn't look like tube.

Thanks for sharing.

/ Home built cab #3  
What a nice looking cab! Do you have build pictures? I would love to do something like this... Any details and more pictures would be greatly appreciated.

/ Home built cab
C'mon DEON, who do you think you're fooling ?? ;);)
How about a before and after photo.
Can you tell me what brand this cab is if it's not home built?
Built of 2 x 2 x 1/8 square tubing with 1 x 1/8 flat bar welded to it for door an d window stops. Yes I really did built it, with a mig-welder, chop saw and aerosol spray cans.

Attachments

• Installing cab.jpg
    Installing cab.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 790
  • New cab rear.jpg
    New cab rear.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 616
  • Kioti old cab side_2.jpg
    Kioti old cab side_2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 923
   / Home built cab #6  
Nice Build. Do you have any unfinished / in construction pics? Looks like you lengthened the cab a bit

/ Home built cab #7  
Deon:

Excellent work! I can see why you wanted more glass. If you have more in progress pictures, we would love to see them.

Be sure to check out 4shorts work as he really does an excellent job of tricking out his tractor and other equipment.

/ Home built cab #8  
very nice , I built mine using original rops lowered by removing the hinge and raking the roof down and attached to similar front rollbar welded to fel. installed front and rear windows. have not figured out doors because of compound curves. Lookes like you widened and squared off yours. waiting to see more detailed pics. I do notice your "edge" as a glass mansfacture. have not noticed many cabs here, and yours is very nice. Terry

/ Home built cab #9  
impressive!:cool:

/ Home built cab #10  
Nice Job, I would love to see some "Under Construction" Pics of this build.