Brush Guard

/ Brush Guard #1  

blacknblue

Tractor
New Holland t1510
After bending one of my FEL tubes with astray maple sapling, I decided to throw this brushguard together with parts and pieces in the "boneyard". Works well when "digging into" my real thick brush piles. Any opinions?

Doug

PS Posted similar thread in BIY, but pics never came up until later...I am trying again.BTW, I have gleaned quite a few good ideas from visiting TBN in the past few months...thanks to all of you.

Attachments

• Copy of HPIM0558.JPG
    Copy of HPIM0558.JPG
    434.5 KB · Views: 812
  • Copy of HPIM0561.JPG
    Copy of HPIM0561.JPG
    357 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:
   / Brush Guard #2  
Looks good, what is the "thing" in front of the bucket for? :confused:

/ Brush Guard
Those are two separate forks which I linked together with old scaffolding in order to pick up piles of brush and logs...example shown.

Attachments

• Copy of HPIM0570.JPG
    Copy of HPIM0570.JPG
    428.7 KB · Views: 570
   / Brush Guard #4  
Makes sense, I figured they were some type of forks but had never seen that style before. Very nice.

/ Brush Guard #5  
Looks like the perfect tool for the job!! :)

/ Brush Guard #6  
Great looking protection,..nice job! I have the "Deluxe Hood Guard" on my JD-3520-Cab, with the screening front and sides but a stray branch managed to get under it and poked a dent in my grill screen! (Dam!) At least I got stopped before it poked my rad.

Yours looks pretty heavy duty,...nice!
CHEERS!
. . tug

/ Brush Guard #7  
looks like a good solution to me nice job

/ Brush Guard
thanks guys...t'was a matter of necesity...i hate bending hydraulic tubes and you just never know when the next branch is coming at you( i bought my tractor to work like it's daddy)... the guard is actually the mounts of a mower deck, some recycled scaffolding, and a used receiver hitch carryall...there is NOTHING more satisfying than putting bad junk to good use...Amen...

ps...am hoping to polish it up and paint it so it doesn't look so gnarly...but that will have to wait till winter time in the garage...

/ Brush Guard
TUG...can you post a pic of the deluxe hood guard you are talking about? i am not familiar with it? thnx...doug