rear work lights

/ rear work lights #1  

cchoate

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota GL3430 HST
I'd like to put 1 or 2 rear work lights on my kubota b7500. Anybody have a good spot to mount them. I have foldable rops which I keep folded 90% of the time. (To lazy to put them up and down all the time.) I see a ground & +12v harness on one side so wiring is done. What type of light is best? (flood, trapezoid, etc) Anybody have pictures?

/ rear work lights #2  
Here's what I did. The light is attached to a piece of stainless angle, which is in turn bolted to the SMV emblem. I used the wires the factory left at the seat. The "hot" is only on with the ignition. Also added was a pull-on / push-off switch in the plastic shroud that covers the 2WD/4WD selector, and there was plenty of room to face it inward. The work light is connected with a 2-wire flat plug I picked up at an auto supply store. Since I use an electric sprayer, it also has a matching plug. The sprayer has a demand pump, so if the boom nozzles are off, it turns itself on and off as you squeeze the trigger on the wand. Using the boom nozzles, you need to be able to start and stop the pump from the seat. Since I never spray at night it works out fine.

My Ford has a trapezoid light, and it doesn't spread as much as I'd like. When it came time to add the worklight to the Kubota, I went with a flood and it works a lot better...........chim

Attachments

• 37-165063-P6250018.JPG
    37-165063-P6250018.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 256
   / rear work lights
Thanks, that's right where I'm going to place mine. Nice picture.

/ rear work lights #4  
I had rear work lights installed on the lower part of folding ROPS on my 4710. ROPS still folds easily so as not to impede effectiveness of the work lights. See attachment.

Attachments

• 37-165194-rakeTnTcontracted.jpg
    37-165194-rakeTnTcontracted.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 172
   / rear work lights #5  
I like that. Mebbe I'll need to calculate some loads to see if the 'Bota will handle another rear light...............chim