Diesel garden tractor pulling

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #51  
i have an old kubota G4200 diesel tht needs rebuilding. now i have an idea for a winter project:thumbsup:

sweet lookin pullers!!

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #52  
So this is why I can't find a good, used, diesel garden tractor for our garden - you guys have them all!

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #53  
Bigkrank said:
Take a feed from the oil pressure gage port. Drill & tap hole in side of block for drain back or weld fitting on oil pan.

We run 40#+ of boost so things have to be done to control heat and pressure. How far you want to go depends on your wallet. Stay under 20# or so and things get much cheaper but you won't go as far down the track. Depends if you have any intentions of pulling nationally or just some local stuff mostly for fun and to impress the neighbors.

A good fuel and turbo setup will be at least $2000. Then you need water injection, etc.

Where do you find injectors and how can u get the right amount of fuel for 40# of boost

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #54  
Check out my photos. I've been pulling an Allis 920 Diesel for 2 yrs now. Lombardini twin air-cooled 18 1/2 hp. I pull with 2 clubs one of which has a strictly twin-cylinder class. It took me two yrs of searching ebay to finally find a "twin" with respectable stock hp.

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling
Either graft on a bosch A pump, send the cambox pump to Columbus Diesel Supply, or have a retired toolmaker make some new barrels and plungers and rework the pump camshaft.

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling
Looks like you are at a power level that will be easy on your wallet and have some fun also.

When you get into big boost and heat levels, the 30 mph plus tire speeds are fun but you spend a lot of time fixing also. We were pulling pistons out sometimes twice a week until we figured a lot of things out. Enjoy.

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #58  
We have been working for 3 years to get a diesel class started. Been pulling for 2 years with a diesel, about 12 with various gas engines. There are a number of tractors running and being built now. In Columbus, Ohio in January there will be a big indoor pull where a lot of them from across the country will pull.

We use a Cub 582 frame and built a D1105 Kubota 24hp 3 cyl engine making around 100hp now. We have a machine shop and build these and parts for these. Actually the economy has helped us because we are getting pullers who have pulled the big ones and look at these and say it's cheap because for the price of two turbos they can have one of these little tractors. Some guys we do work for run one of these and a big super stocker.

Iceman Motorsports, New Riegel, OH 419-937-2778

100hp wow, I'm trying to squeeze 30 out of my Deutz-alis 5215 (18hp) and tips.

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #59  
hey guys im looking at a kubota D950 at our local guy and its completely stock and my club rules dont allow turbo and such but we can do other things too! im olanning on not spending alot of money and maybe one day ill run a turbo and run NQS.
i was wondering how much work would it to take to put it in a 682 wide frame cub? and what gears should i run? im gonna run a 26-12-12 tires.
would it fit in my cub? i got a welder to do anything so i need some feed backa and i may post a new thread of my build!
hes wanting 400 bucks for that engine and i think its a good deal!

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #60  
Hey guys new to the site I have a 482 IH with a 31hp briggs diahatsu TDI that I pull with. Its stock except for I have turn the fuel screw in untill it raises idle and have removed the waist gate. Makes 23psi boost and has a denso pump. Stock 3850 rpm. I NEED MORE POWER. Had ben running the stock 90 degree gear box and belt drive rear with only belt,pulley mods. Im installing a cub straight drive with a geo metro clutch and Im gone have to have more power. Any sugestion on pump mod or where to get or get made an adapter for an A pump. I think I have found one. I also would like to find a manual on the pump. Mechanic by trade so I gotta try. Any info is greatly appreciated

YouTube - onebadevo8's Channel