Kubota Seat Replacement

/ Kubota Seat Replacement #1  

Ductape

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
My B3030 had one of the old unpopular factory seats in it and was in need of an upgrade. Though the new seat Kubota offered is substantially better, I was looking for a few features it didn't have. I found a decent looking seat at Tractor Supply that seemed to fill the bill. Priced at $199.00, but I had a 10% off coupon which brought the cost down to $180........ add to that I had a small gift card, bringing my out of pocket expense down below $150. The Tracor Supply seat has a nice cordura cover, ADJUSTABLE (!!!!) armrests, ADJUSTABLE (!!!!) seatback, adjustable lumbar, adjustable headrest, and came on its own tracks. It even has a nice mesh pocket on the back should you want to leave a manual or perhaps a tractor magazine attached.

Attachments

• Barrington 089.jpg
    Barrington 089.jpg
    568.4 KB · Views: 2,003
  • Barrington 092.jpg
    Barrington 092.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,004
   / Kubota Seat Replacement
Fitting the new seat was fairly easy. Since my Kubota has a suspended seat with the seat track built it, I removed the rails from the new seat.

Attachments

• Barrington 097.jpg
    Barrington 097.jpg
    636.7 KB · Views: 790
I unbolted and removed the old seat and simply clamped the new seat to the original 'hinges' (which allow the seat to be flipped forward) with a couple of vicegrips. Cleaned a couple small spots and tack welded the new seat bracket to the hinges. Using the original hinge brackets will allow both safety switches to be retained. I made one new brace to run between the forward and rear seat brackets, and welded it in place. This will do the job of the rails I removed from the seat and add reinforcement, as well as hitting the button on the operator presence switch. I gave the new seat bracket a quick shot of Kubota grey paint.

Attachments

• Barrington 093.jpg
    Barrington 093.jpg
    774.4 KB · Views: 786
And...... the new seat is in ! The comfort level is in a different world compared to the original seat. All those threats of me having to sleep in my tractor by my wife don't look all that bad right now. :D

Attachments

• Barrington 095.jpg
    Barrington 095.jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 2,201
   / Kubota Seat Replacement #6  
nice! On Neil Messick's rec I got the seat from one of the mowers put on mine before delivery (holes are same) - its a great upgrade, but yours is far more cost effective. I really need to learn how to weld one day

/ Kubota Seat Replacement #7  
Nice seat.. and you did a great job installing it!!!

I seen that seat Saturday at TSC... Just wish they had yellow. :D

/ Kubota Seat Replacement #8  
Hope I'm not out of line...but about 10 days ago I saw these bamboo seat covers on sale at WM for $5. Picked up 2 for the tractors cause I got tired of a wet behind after some serious seat time in this stifling heat. Got to say they are the best personal comfort mod I ever made. Took all of 2 min to secure them with bungee cords.

3855948660_273bbcc2bc.jpg

/ Kubota Seat Replacement #9  
nice! On Neil Messick's rec I got the seat from one of the mowers put on mine before delivery (holes are same) - its a great upgrade, but yours is far more cost effective. I really need to learn how to weld one day

Charlesf3,

I'm very intrigued!

Could you tell us what model 'bota you have, and what model the "donor mower" seat was?

Does it have all of the adjustability [as described so aptly by Ductape "...ADJUSTABLE (!!!!) armrests, ADJUSTABLE (!!!!) seatback, adjustable lumbar, adjustable headrest..."]), as described by Ductape, re: his seat upgrade?

Any pics?

Did the mower seat come with any additional/alternative suspension, perhaps? :licking:
-------------------------------------------

And Ductape,

Nice upgrade! I like the "tip up" armrest photo, and the fact that there is all that additional adjustability!

Are the controls fairly easy to operate?

Nice, even "elegant" adaptation on your part, to preserve the function of the Kubota interlock switches, hinges, suspension, etc....

With a cabbed tractor, I agree--why not enjoy the comfort of a "cordura" seat cover?

The factory Kubota grey is a nice touch. Very slick "hack," overall--wish I could just order it that way! LOL

Thanks,

My Hoe