Hydraulic Chute Rotation

/ Hydraulic Chute Rotation #1  

Dyer retired

Gold Member
Tractor
2003 Kubota BX1800 and 2010 B3030
I just completed a hydraulic chute rotation system for my neighbor. The blower is a BX2750D and is front mounted on a B2620. I have a similar system on my BX1800 and BX2750. My chute will rotate right or left from the center stick position with increasing speed as I put more pressure on the stick either right or left, except when I'm rotating right the stick will hit a point where all rotation stops, so I just ease up a little and the rotation will be at the fastest speed to the right. If I had a bucket, I assume the bucket would dump at the point where my chute stops rotating? Anyway, my neighbors installation works fine to the left and can be feathered depending on stick pressure, but will not turn at all to the right until I hit that dump point and then the rotation will be at top speed with no feathering ability. I know I've read about this before on TBN, but am not finding the threads now. Is there anyway to make this rotate to the right from the center stick position...as my BX1800 allows me to do? Thanks in advance. Dyer, retired

Attachments

• Hydraulic Chute Rotation.jpg
    Hydraulic Chute Rotation.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 747
   / Hydraulic Chute Rotation #2  
Do a search for "regen". It sounds like your tractor has a three position valve, and your neighbors has a four position. Many of us have been through the same issue when using a four position valve to rotate our snowblower chutes. It is something I had to get used to when turning my chute to the right...... I can now go to the edge of the regen position and feather to the right fairly well. Unfortunately, the other option would be to operate the chute rotation with a seperate valve such as a rear remote.

/ Hydraulic Chute Rotation
Ductape, Thanks for the info. I've done the search and finding all the stuff I remember seeing before, but your explanation pretty much covers it. Even at full speed, the rotation is not out of control, so he's pretty happy with the installation. Unfortunately, we'll get a chance pretty quick to try it out for real. Thanks again. Dyer, retired

/ Hydraulic Chute Rotation #4  
Ductape, the Regen expert:D:D:D

/ Hydraulic Chute Rotation #5  
john
The mod to the blower was it a kubota kit? Would you have any more pics or info as to what you had to do and use to complete this install? I just got a bx24 this year and a blower is on my short list of things to do.

thanks

roma3112,

This wasn't a Kubota kit, but something I came up with after reading about other installations on TBN. I'll PM more pictures and a list of the parts if you'd like. The Kubota Dealer wanted $358.00 for thier hydraulic kit three years ago....and that was before labor. It's a really nice upgrade...especially on those windy nights. John

/ Hydraulic Chute Rotation #7  
I ran into the same problem with the hydraulic rotator on the Kubota snow blower I bought this year. Ductape and KennyD straightened me out on what I was missing. There is mention of it in the FEL manual but I didn't know enough about it to understand what it was saying.
In the kit for mine two orifice fittings were included, 0.047" diameter holes drilled in them. One is installed on each side of the hydraulic motor between the motor and the hose. It still turns plenty fast with these installed but helps to make it controllable. If your kit does not include these I think it would be a useful addition. Adjustable restrictors might be even better.

/ Hydraulic Chute Rotation #8  
I've had thoughts of putting my chute rotation on an electric/hydraulic soleniod............... if I ever live long enough to get around to it.

I've had thoughts of putting my chute rotation on an electric/hydraulic soleniod............... if I ever live long enough to get around to it.

My hydraulic system works great on my BX1800 and no issues with activating it left or right. My neighbor is happy with his upgrade...even with the need to push past the detent. I'd like to live long enough to reside somewhere that didn't need hydraulic chute rotation systems for snow, but time is running out!

/ Hydraulic Chute Rotation #10  
My hydraulic system works great on my BX1800 and no issues with activating it left or right. My neighbor is happy with his upgrade...even with the need to push past the detent. I'd like to live long enough to reside somewhere that didn't need hydraulic chute rotation systems for snow, but time is running out!

Hah ! I like your idea better than mine !! :D