MK Martin Front mount kit Anybody have one??

/ MK Martin Front mount kit Anybody have one?? #2  
I don't have it on my tractor but my dealer has one setup on a Montana R4344HST with a snowblower.

Attachments

• IMG_0378 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0378 [800x600].JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_0377 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0377 [800x600].JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 576
  • IMG_0372 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0372 [800x600].JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_0114 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0114 [800x600].JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 400
   / MK Martin Front mount kit Anybody have one??
I don't have it on my tractor but my dealer has one setup on a Montana R4344HST with a snowblower.

Thank You!! :) By the sounds of it, if I buy this, we can then use our Farm King blower on the front.

/ MK Martin Front mount kit Anybody have one?? #4  
A while back I emailed them looking for price / dealers, etc. Unfortunately, i can't go find the email they sent me due to my laptop being on the fritz. If my memory is correct, the kit is around three grand. Not terribly cost effective if you have a factory front snowblower kit available for your tractor....... but i could see some other great possibilities using other attachments up front. If a person had other uses for it.... i'd say the price would be easily justified.

Thanks. I called them yesterday, $2,830 is the price. MF does not have a mount for our 1523, and we have a new blower, well 2 years old. According to MK Martin, the GC2300 mount is the same for our tractor. We will see how things are $$$$, may be a future addition.

/ MK Martin Front mount kit Anybody have one?? #6  
I have been looking at this unit, too. It is a bit on the pricey side but is intriguing nevertheless. I was thinking of it for use with my 4 bush-hog on the front. I do a fair amount of my bush-hogging going in reverse along the edge of my fields and it is a pain in the neck (literally) and thought it would be nice to do that going forward. I also think it would solve my snow blowing in reverse issue as well.

I purchased a Radtech B54 3-point snowblower in part because it was half the money but it also seemed to be a better-built blower than the front mount Massey Ferguson unit, even though Radtech makes that as well. I had once owned the Kubota version of that front mount blower and I was not impressed with its quality and durability. I got quite good at repairing it. I certainly could not see the $3,750.00 price tag even though part of that cost is the mounting kit that can also accommodate a plow and broom. Even though the MK-Martin kit is expensive, I could blow snow going forward and have a better-built blower out front. Also, this front mount kit would allow me a bit more versatility using 3-point attachments on the front and I would not be tied to buying only MF front mount implements. Something to think about, I guess.

/ MK Martin Front mount kit Anybody have one?? #7  
I would think you could build your own for around $400 if you have a remote valve already on your tractor to run it.

Chris

I would think you could build your own for around $400 if you have a remote valve already on your tractor to run it.

Chris

Oh Yeah?? That is not a bad price. Yeah, we have 2 sets running to the front now. :)

I have been looking at this unit, too. It is a bit on the pricey side but is intriguing nevertheless. I was thinking of it for use with my 4 bush-hog on the front. I do a fair amount of my bush-hogging going in reverse along the edge of my fields and it is a pain in the neck (literally) and thought it would be nice to do that going forward. I also think it would solve my snow blowing in reverse issue as well.

I purchased a Radtech B54 3-point snowblower in part because it was half the money but it also seemed to be a better-built blower than the front mount Massey Ferguson unit, even though Radtech makes that as well. I had once owned the Kubota version of that front mount blower and I was not impressed with its quality and durability. I got quite good at repairing it. I certainly could not see the $3,750.00 price tag even though part of that cost is the mounting kit that can also accommodate a plow and broom. Even though the MK-Martin kit is expensive, I could blow snow going forward and have a better-built blower out front. Also, this front mount kit would allow me a bit more versatility using 3-point attachments on the front and I would not be tied to buying only MF front mount implements. Something to think about, I guess.

And that is why we kept our 2 year old blower, and did not trade, for what you spend, for us, not really worth it.

You can use your rear implements on the front. The gear box converts your 2000 RPM mid into 540 RPM.

Still a thought. I am real curious to see one off a tractor, and do what Chris suggested, build it. :)

/ MK Martin Front mount kit Anybody have one?? #10  
I think if I could set my eyes on one, and be able to buy the gear box, it would be fairly easy to make one. Anyone know where to buy gear boxes that would reduce the RPM from 2000 to 540? I am sure it could be done for far less than the $2,800 price tag I have been quoted. I was thinking you could use the loader valve to run the up-down ram and the chute rotation. Any thoughts on that?