Truck plow, Frame mount, Loader LIFTED!!!

/ Truck plow, Frame mount, Loader LIFTED!!! #1  

JB4310

Tractor
J.D. 4310 E-hydro
I'm just gonna throw this Frankenstein project out here and see what happens.

I had an old western snow plow that I modded to mount on my 3PT Imatch, angled it with rear remotes. It worked great having a 4 way plow and a loader bucket on at the same time on one machine. That was last year.

This year I wanted to front mount the plow on my JD4310, I've seen all the loader mounted plows and never really warmed up to that approach, but was going to try it anyway. I was all ready to mod my pallet fork carrier to mount the plow to but just couldn't do it after some dry runs with the plow clamped on the fork carrier, it just didn't look right to me with the plow so far out front.

So I went ahead and made a frame mount for the stock piece of undercarriage I had left over from the truck mount, it was fairly easy, just removed the existing spacers between the frame and the hood guard brackets and utilized 4 existing holes in the frame on each side to bolt 1/2" plate to. The new mount doesn't interfere with anything, can still remove the loader etc.

Using the bucket curl circuit to angle the plow, nothing new there. But the real kicker is I'm using the loader to lift the plow!!! As unorthodox as it sounds and looks it seems like it may work out. No risk of damaging anything on the tractor that I can see, pushing the plow with the tractor frame, the loader arms are up out of the fray.

This whole thing cost just $150 in parts and can all be reversed if needed, so I don't mind any criticism anyone may have.
I'm going to build a front lift to mount on the weight bracket for when the loader is removed like I've seen on "Beenthere"s"

For now I'll use it like this to see how the front mounted plow works, have to clean up the hoses and chains, that's a limiter chain attached to the weight bracket to prevent the loader from rising to high.

JB,

Attachments

• DSCN6077.jpg
    DSCN6077.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 615
  • DSCN6081.JPG
    DSCN6081.JPG
    997.9 KB · Views: 863
  • DSCN6084.JPG
    DSCN6084.JPG
    999.4 KB · Views: 1,177
  • DSCN6094.JPG
    DSCN6094.JPG
    985.8 KB · Views: 718
   / Truck plow, Frame mount, Loader LIFTED!!! #2  
Interesting concept, and it definitely keeps a lot of weight from being cantilevered off the loader as conventional loader mounted plows have.

Let us know how well it works when the white stuff visits you.

/ Truck plow, Frame mount, Loader LIFTED!!! #3  
Looks good! There is one like that posted in the Kubota forum I think?

It should work fine.

/ Truck plow, Frame mount, Loader LIFTED!!! #4  
JB, I have virtually the same setup on mt MT180 (also used chain lift from loader arms).
You will find that having the blade up close will give you excellent control.
On my setup I can plow at full speed in high gear, just like with a pick up mounted plow, and actually curl the snow off to the side. (that's all of 10 mph, LOL)
Being frame mounted and low your trip springs protect your tractor from any shock loads.
I'll be on my 3rd season and would not change anything as it works so well.

Like you I can reattach loader bucket in 5 mins or less, should I need it.

Nice job!

/ Truck plow, Frame mount, Loader LIFTED!!! #6  
Looks good to me, the only thing I'll add is that you put your shoes on your plow or your going to push a lot of dirt if the ground s not froze unless your plowing on hardtop only. Ignore that statement if you just have them off for the fabrication process.

Steve

/ Truck plow, Frame mount, Loader LIFTED!!!

Yeah, I found yours today through a snow plow search. It should work for you, as far as the plow tripping in the dirt, mine does that also but in the snow on hard surfaces it doesn't trip.

I'm already building a front lift for when the loader is off, I didn't want to get to involved in case I didn't like the front mounted plow but I think it's gonna work out good.

The loader comes off in 5 minutes so I may run it with out the loader if the front plow speeds things up that much to make it worth it.

I'm trying to make the front lift easy on and off by making it slide onto the weight bracket no tools needed, got a DA cylinder from tractor supply, it's a 2"x 8". Hope it has enough travel to lift the plow at least a foot off the ground.

Painted the blade also.

JB.

Attachments

• DSCN6160.JPG
    DSCN6160.JPG
    982.5 KB · Views: 590
  • DSCN6165.jpg
    DSCN6165.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 254
  • DSCN6164.jpg
    DSCN6164.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 360
  • DSCN6166.jpg
    DSCN6166.jpg
    422.5 KB · Views: 384
   / Truck plow, Frame mount, Loader LIFTED!!! #9  
Looking really good. I was thinking about doing the same thing and have a non loader lift assembly.That way at some point I could build a dethatcher to go on the front using the same mounts.

/ Truck plow, Frame mount, Loader LIFTED!!! #10  
I can share the same concept on an old Ford 1700
I built the hanger bracket, and shortened the plow itself about 8" on each side (To make it a better fit to the tractor, and to get rid of years of abuse, rust, tears, etc.).
Best addition I have made. It floats, ride the ups'n'downs of the driveway.
I put disconnects on the curl cylinders, the joystick lifts and angles the plow quite handily.

Attachments

• 01 underbody bracket.JPG
    01 underbody bracket.JPG
    430.4 KB · Views: 420
  • 04 Bracket Mounted.JPG
    04 Bracket Mounted.JPG
    363.1 KB · Views: 450
  • 06 Plow Mounted.JPG
    06 Plow Mounted.JPG
    378.1 KB · Views: 661