Sub soiler on a FEL

/ Sub soiler on a FEL #31  
Hey Big Bri, that one looks like it's a better deal! These things are coming out of the woodwork! I didn't order yet...Yours looks better for the money and it's almost the same thing as what I was looking at with WildKat.

/ Sub soiler on a FEL #32  
dex3361

What is the lifting force of your 3pt? What is the force of the curl cylinder. I believe the curl force is pretty good, and may even be better than the 3pt.

/ Sub soiler on a FEL #33  
Hey Big Bri, that one looks like it's a better deal! These things are coming out of the woodwork! I didn't order yet...Yours looks better for the money and it's almost the same thing as what I was looking at with WildKat.

Indeed! There are many very good designs. I like the eBay one with only a couple of minor points. I wish they had shown a rear view so you could see how well the Bobcat quick-tach bracket is made and welded. I think I might want to drill through the toplink square tubing support and add some grade 8 bolts just in case the toplink stress or shock loads might cause twisting and breaking of that weld (probably I'm just paranoid). Finally, both the NH and the Wildkat models have a clear view through the adapter. With the WildKat, you will easily be able to see your trailer ball at any angle. You won't have to do a blind approach to your trailer's hitch.

These are just little things and considerations that may not be that great. I'd bet you could easily cut a viewing port into the eBay adapter and negate the clear view issue. You just have to "take the leap" and get the one you think is best.

/ Sub soiler on a FEL
dex3361

What is the lifting force of your 3pt? What is the force of the curl cylinder. I believe the curl force is pretty good, and may even be better than the 3pt.

Hey JJ The L4400 HST 3PH at the lift points has a lift capacity of 2870# and the FEL has a lift capacity of 1543# at the bucket center. It has a breakout force of 2530#. I have a question for you. What do you use for pin bushings
on the hydraulic equipment that you have built? I am getting ready to start a grapple and I have thought about schedule 8 black pipe but I would think it would be to soft of material.

/ Sub soiler on a FEL
Indeed! There are many very good designs. I like the eBay one with only a couple of minor points. I wish they had shown a rear view so you could see how well the Bobcat quick-tach bracket is made and welded. I think I might want to drill through the toplink square tubing support and add some grade 8 bolts just in case the toplink stress or shock loads might cause twisting and breaking of that weld (probably I'm just paranoid). Finally, both the NH and the Wildkat models have a clear view through the adapter. With the WildKat, you will easily be able to see your trailer ball at any angle. You won't have to do a blind approach to your trailer's hitch.

These are just little things and considerations that may not be that great. I'd bet you could easily cut a viewing port into the eBay adapter and negate the clear view issue. You just have to "take the leap" and get the one you think is best.

I noticed on field testing that this is an issue on the one that i built and I may cut out a center section for ability to see. The wildcat is a plus for being able to see. I wonder how strong it is?

/ Sub soiler on a FEL #36  
Hey JJ The L4400 HST 3PH at the lift points has a lift capacity of 2870# and the FEL has a lift capacity of 1543# at the bucket center. It has a breakout force of 2530#. I have a question for you. What do you use for pin bushings
on the hydraulic equipment that you have built? I am getting ready to start a grapple and I have thought about schedule 8 black pipe but I would think it would be to soft of material.

MetKit Corp - Home Page

Select catalog of parts, HTML, then select bearings pins and tubing. This is the seamless tubing that I used in my BH. It is 1 in ID, and the pins are 63/64. Makes for a good tight fit, and you also can install a grease fittings in the bushing.

/ Sub soiler on a FEL
MetKit Corp - Home Page

Select catalog of parts, HTML, then select bearings pins and tubing. This is the seamless tubing that I used in my BH. It is 1 in ID, and the pins are 63/64. Makes for a good tight fit, and you also can install a grease fittings in the bushing.

Thanks J_J I like that they have shot pieces as well. Already cut that is great.

/ Sub soiler on a FEL #38  
Some of the local steel suppliers have that DOM tubing in 10 ft, 20 ft. I purchased a 10 ft stick of the 1 in ID, and just cut off what I need. I tried to use 1 in Grade 5 and 8 bolts for the pins, but found out you have to ream out the tubes in order to use the 1 in bolts.

/ Sub soiler on a FEL
Earlier post had asked for close up pics of the adapter. So here ya go I adapted the Pig pole to it the other day.

Attachments

• HPIM1812a.jpg
    HPIM1812a.jpg
    802.7 KB · Views: 174
  • HPIM1813a.jpg
    HPIM1813a.jpg
    859.9 KB · Views: 155
  • HPIM1814a.JPG
    HPIM1814a.JPG
    813.6 KB · Views: 165
  • HPIM1816a.JPG
    HPIM1816a.JPG
    856.9 KB · Views: 187
   / Sub soiler on a FEL #40  
Jim...you and I think the same way, I also would like the ability to see thru. Also, some receivers with the ball may have to be cut off or the hole redrilled because of the back plate.

I emailed the folks that Big Bri found on Ebay with a few questions. It weighs about 50 pounds less, (less metal), than the WildKat, but has the cat 2 feature. I think I will still go with the WildKat.

Hi Dave,

It weights about 150lbs. The lower links slide and the holes are cat 2 so you can use cat 1 or cat 2 attachments. The links are 3/4" thick. The slide is 1/4 square with 5/16 plate on top and bottom

Thanks,
Bill
www.skidsteerexpress.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, thinking of Randall and his subsoiler reminds me of a thread a while back. I think Randall invented the poor man's backhoe claw...Hmmm. By the way, that's a beautiful place you live in Randall, looking at the background in your pics.

DfkRug...was it you that also made a claw to go on your backhoe or trackhoe?

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/54022-backhoe-frost-point-ripper-tooth.html