Warning lights

/ Warning lights #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
I'm thinking of adding a rotator beacon or some sort of extra warning lights to my tractor. Just wondering what anyone else has done to install this type of lighting. I have an open station Jd 4320.

Thanks
Dave

/ Warning lights #3  
DJ,

I am thinking of adding some to my machine as well, I will use LED's they are the best choice and the brightest light on the market

-Mike

/ Warning lights #4  
I'm thinking of adding a rotator beacon or some sort of extra warning lights to my tractor. Just wondering what anyone else has done to install this type of lighting. I have an open station Jd 4320.

Thanks
Dave
If you are just looking for a rotating beacon, they are available with magnetic bases and plug into a cig lighter. I bought one years ago and it works fine. I just stick it to the ROPS when I need it. I put a cig lighter under my seat and just plug it in there. When I don't need it, which is most of the time now, I pull it off and put it away. That way it isn't in the way on those low hanging limbs. I also made a couple of work lights that also have magnetic bases and work the same way. Oh and one other thing, if height is an issue, you can also hang them up side down from the ROPS.

Last edited:
   / Warning lights #7  
Just a thought: I worked on a fleet in British Columbia and we needed flashing light permits for our amber strobes. I can't remember if it was a provincial or municipal thing. There may be some requirement where you are.

/ Warning lights #8  
4shorts had a link on here somewhere of some strobes and lights he mounted on his tractor. He had a link to a video,pretty impressive IMHO.

/ Warning lights #9  
Just a thought: I worked on a fleet in British Columbia and we needed flashing light permits for our amber strobes. I can't remember if it was a provincial or municipal thing. There may be some requirement where you are.

As I understand it permits are needed in Canada for amber strobes. However, they are not needed in the US. Anyone who wants to can put (and use) a amber strobe on their equipment or vehicles without any restrictions.

Aaron Z

/ Warning lights #10  
If you are just looking for a rotating beacon, they are available with magnetic bases and plug into a cig lighter. I bought one years ago and it works fine. I just stick it to the ROPS when I need it. I put a cig lighter under my seat and just plug it in there. When I don't need it, which is most of the time now, I pull it off and put it away. That way it isn't in the way on those low hanging limbs. Oh and one other thing, if height is an issue, you can also hang them up side down from the ROPS.

I did the same exact thing, it's nice to have the aux outlet, surprised these machines don't all come with one. The beacon I have is not the brightest but not bad, this one has a switch on the cig plug so you don't have to plug and unplug all the time.
I fastened a small metal plate centered on top of the canopy for max visibility, but it is vulnerable there, when not needed on top it will stick to rops sides.

Attachments

• DSCN0736.jpg
    DSCN0736.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCN2513.JPG
    DSCN2513.JPG
    913.3 KB · Views: 198