Has anyone switched to an electric fan?

/ Has anyone switched to an electric fan? #11  
Before you do anything you need to determine the amount of horsepower being used by your current belt (I assume) drive fan. It is not a difficult calcualtion but you do need to get the drive ratio (fanrpm/engine rpm). It may be that your fan is not sucking a lot of HP.

You would need to add a hydro transmission temp gauge also.

JT

/ Has anyone switched to an electric fan? #12  
<font color=blue>Sorry for such a long post.</font color=blue>

THANK YOU for the long post.

I knew about 42 volt, but hadn't realized its advantage for the cooling fan, or considered that it would come over to tractors...

Thanks again

/ Has anyone switched to an electric fan? #13  
Tiltbed,

I see you are into jeeps.

What part of OH are you from?

I am over in western, pa, zelienople....

/ Has anyone switched to an electric fan? #14  
Now that's why I post stuff in this forum. Everybody out there has an experience or specialty that they can share with others.

42v ? never heard of it but sounds interesting.

Brent

/ Has anyone switched to an electric fan? #15  
BOOTH took the words righ out of my mouth/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Has anyone switched to an electric fan?
Booth,

Thanks for the post. This was one of the most informational posts I have seen.

Much of the information you posted was known to me and some was not. I have found that life is much easier if I can learn from others mistakes/efforts.

Again thank you very much for your very knowledgable post.

/ Has anyone switched to an electric fan? #17  
Hi cj,I live in ashland,county,oHIo.born in Pa...raised in Cameron ,co ....Wayne,co...and a few other places.Yes I`m in to Jeeps big time...restoring,modify...ect,ect.have two now.72 5,and a ummm 84/90...7.used to have the only plates in Ohio"BAD CJ"...lol...give me a email clerk1@bright.net maybe we can exchange ideas..."real Jeeps are built not bought" Sid

/ Has anyone switched to an electric fan? #18  
in replying to a few posts that state electric fans might draw undue amperage,the answer is NO.they don`t draw much more than a heater blower...aprox 7 amps.HP gain is on the average 3-5 hp.there is various styles and thickness.very few cars and trucks use convential engine fans now days.we installed them on all of our dumps (10 tons).notta problem. Sid