Soot on my FEL

/ Soot on my FEL
Popcorn, good idea. Made me laugh anyway, can always use more laughs.
The neighbours would really think I had lost it then

Hey you could also use that Styrofoam "S's" that come in the packaging as well. There not much good for anything else plus I don't think it would require a pile of HP to move it around :D Don't worry about the neighbors. I'm here restoring this little bike and I can't even fit on it so imagine what my neighbors think of me :(

Got a photo of your tractor? Post it. Would love to see it.

/ Soot on my FEL #12  
I didn't take this photo for this post but you can see I have done the same thing as you have. I also was disgusted with the soot on the FEL but I was also being fumigated while working around the front of the loader while attaching chains to concrete sections I was working with last summer. Works perfectly for me and no smell in the cab. All the broken up concrete parts on the ground were placed with the Kioti but I needed to borough a bigger helper to get the pieces up to the upper level.

Attachments

• New cab 3.JPG
    New cab 3.JPG
    821.5 KB · Views: 427
  • P1000737.jpg
    P1000737.jpg
    849.4 KB · Views: 358
   / Soot on my FEL
I didn't take this photo for this post but you can see I have done the same thing as you have. I also was disgusted with the soot on the FEL but I was also being fumigated while working around the front of the loader while attaching chains to concrete sections I was working with last summer. Works perfectly for me and no smell in the cab. All the broken up concrete parts on the ground were placed with the Kioti but I needed to borough a bigger helper to get the pieces up to the upper level.

Great looking tractor. Love the cab and the exhaust ;). I almost had a Kioti last year but pricing, availability and the dealer it's self drove me to Kubota but I really like the Kioti line. Thanks for posting the pics.

/ Soot on my FEL #14  
Why are you that concerned with the soot, its a tractor? I kind of like the smell of deisel exhaust, the smell of power, ok maybe not for hours though or when i need a deep clean breath of air while breathing hard and working.

Deon, what is all that junk on the back your using as a counter weight, just scrap you have welded togeather, and put pins on?

/ Soot on my FEL #15  
Hey you could also use that Styrofoam "S's" that come in the packaging as well. There not much good for anything else plus I don't think it would require a pile of HP to move it around :D Don't worry about the neighbors. I'm here restoring this little bike and I can't even fit on it so imagine what my neighbors think of me :(

Got a photo of your tractor? Post it. Would love to see it.

Popcorn is more environmentally friendly, and I'm sure the birds and squirrels would like to clean up the leftover bits.
Where I lived before I figured part of my job was entertaining the neighbours, here I'm a bit secluded so can do lots of stupid things without much chance of anyone finding out.:D
The photo I attached was taken (with cell phone) about the end of March, just after I got the B3030, it has the old blower on it. We still have no snow and none shown in the forecast. Be good travelling weather over Christmas at least. I should put the new blower on, just for practice and to take some decent photos.

Attachments

• 20-03-09_1301.jpg
    20-03-09_1301.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 252
   / Soot on my FEL
Why are you that concerned with the soot, its a tractor? I kind of like the smell of deisel exhaust, the smell of power, ok maybe not for hours though or when i need a deep clean breath of air while breathing hard and working.

Yep your right. It's a tractor but it's an orange tractor and I didn't want it turning into a black tractor without it being my choice. I operated heavy equipment for a living at one time logging up thousands of hours and believe me you do get sick of smelling diesel fumes after awhile.

If I liked the smell of diesel fumes as much as you do I would run the exhaust right into the cab :rolleyes:;):D

/ Soot on my FEL #17  
I operated heavy equipment for a living at one time logging up thousands of hours and believe me you do get sick of smelling diesel fumes after awhile.

If I liked the smell of diesel fumes as much as you do I would run the exhaust right into the cab :rolleyes:;):D

I know what you mean about smelling diesel fumes.- I operate D9 and D10 dozers and they really will put out the black smoke under load.- Sometimes I just get so sick of smelling diesel.

:D:D Run the exhaust right into the cab.:D:D

/ Soot on my FEL #18  

Deon, what is all that junk on the back your using as a counter weight, just scrap you have welded togeather, and put pins on?

That's modern art. Don't you know anything!:D

/ Soot on my FEL #19  
It's been bugging me since I bought the tractor last year. :mad:Every time I start the thing up the soot blows all over the FEL. Every time I use It I have to get the Spray Nine out and then clean it up.:mad: Some times it's hard to even get off so I needed to do something about it.

No where near the quality of 4shorts but here is my cheap way to fix the soot problem on my cabbed B3030. I cut off approximately 1 1/4" of the existing exhaust pipe. I bought a copper 1 1/4 inch street elbow 45 degree connector. The female end almost fit onto the exhaust pipe but was very snug. I grabbed the male end of the connector with visegrips and heated the female end as hot as I could get it using a propane torch. The heat expanded the female end and I was able to slip the connector onto the pipe and made sure it faced in a downward direction but away from the loader. I'll add high heat silver paint later. Cost of connector was just under $10 for one connector.

Attachments

• exhaust1.jpg
    exhaust1.jpg
    900.5 KB · Views: 312
  • exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    825.4 KB · Views: 268
   / Soot on my FEL
No where near the quality of 4shorts but here is my cheap way to fix the soot problem on my cabbed B3030. I cut off approximately 1 1/4" of the existing exhaust pipe. I bought a copper 1 1/4 inch street elbow 45 degree connector. The female end almost fit onto the exhaust pipe but was very snug. I grabbed the male end of the connector with visegrips and heated the female end as hot as I could get it using a propane torch. The heat expanded the female end and I was able to slip the connector onto the pipe and made sure it faced in a downward direction but away from the loader. I'll add high heat silver paint later. Cost of connector was just under $10 for one connector.

Quality don't count with this stuff but I appreciate your kind words on my exhaust mod. The main goal is to keep that soot off the FEL. It worked great for me. I never had to clean the FEL once this winter and I'm happy about that. You did a nice job there. I'm sure it will make a Hugh improvement to your tractor.