Converting a rear push snow blower to a rear pull or a front push type?

/ Converting a rear push snow blower to a rear pull or a front push type? #1  

doxford jim

Veteran Member
Tractor
1959 MF-65 sold, 2007 Jinma 554 diesel.
Hi everyone,

I expect everyone that has a rear mounted push type snow blower wished they had a front mounted push blower oe a rear pull blower.

Has anyone converted the regular rear push type snow blower to either of the other two mentioned ?

If anyone has converted the regular blower I sure would be interested to hear what you did, how you did it and how much the conversion cost?

I bought the rear push type and just cannot get along with it and was kinda curious as to what others have done to rectify the situation. For the time being I am having to make do with a FEL bucket and a 8ft rear blade - which is fine for the most part but no good for deep snow.

Thanks for any ideas and advice.

Cheera

Jim

/ Converting a rear push snow blower to a rear pull or a front push type? #2  
   / Converting a rear push snow blower to a rear pull or a front push type? #3  
I remember a farmer who had a pretty good sized Allis Chalmers that took a snow blower that ran off p.t.o., put it to the front with some arms to raise and lower and push, had some type of gear box that ran off of tractor p.t.o. so it had another p.t.o. shaft facing towards the front with a made up shaft to connect to the snow blower. He did side work with a town here in central Iowa blowing snow in trucks to get it hauled off of business area. So it can be done and worked quite well. Have no idea where he got the gear box but I would imagine some one might know what it would be called or where to get one.

/ Converting a rear push snow blower to a rear pull or a front push type? #4  
Hello;
I started with a Lucknow 7-0 rear mount back up blower. 1/3 mile drive, hills and curves. It was killer with my bad back. When I finished it was put the tractor away and lay down. Then one day I saw an ad in a local auto swapper. A back woods farm supply was selling rear mount drive forward blowers. Beat feet down there.
He was usinsg Erskine blowers to do his conversion on. Works wonderful. With our Case IH 685 if you can drive through it she'll blow it. He said that the erskine was the only blower that had a proper gearbox for such a conversion. He designed the frame work and had a local fab shop weld them up. He sold quite a few blowere even though they were quite pricy. Over $4000.00 but after suffering with the Lucknow I did not think about making a deal very long. Never regretted it. Have had this blower about 10 years. After seeing how successful they were Erskine startaed offering them in various widths.

Good luck. Any questions bring um on. nicholas

/ Converting a rear push snow blower to a rear pull or a front push type? #5  
Jim,

If you have a mid PTO, check out MK Martin Front Mount Kit. It converts a rear blower to a front blower.

/ Converting a rear push snow blower to a rear pull or a front push type? #6  
My snow blower started life as a 3ph Ford 715 60" made by Rad Technology (formerly Ber-Vac) made in Canada I believe they are out of business now. Ber-Vac made a mount that was driven from the rear pto with a chain reverser and a shaft that went to the front to drive the blower. It was a PITA to put on but worked very well except you couldn't use the 3ph because of the reverser. I bought my Kubota B7510 and noticed that the Kubota blower was the same exact as my Ford 715 except Orange. I bought the front mount from Kubota and have been using it since 2005! All I had to do to the blower was remove (unbolt) the tubes that the 3ph pins mounted on and also buy a kit from Kubota to convert the blower to front mount. direct easy bolt up conversion! I found both mounts at a dealer that quit selling Kubotas for a sweet price! I think I paid $1200 for the mounts but had to buy the mid driveshaft for $500 but the whole thing was msrp over $2500 so I jumped on it! then lastly I painted the blower kubota Orange!

Last edited: