75 Gallon "L shaped" transfer tank...

/ 75 Gallon "L shaped" transfer tank... #1  

CowwFace

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE HST, 401FEL, RB40-96 pivoting Rear Blade
Hey List,

Well I picked up a 75 gallon "L shaped" tank from murdoch's locally here and I'd like to put some treated 2x6's along the bottom/outside edges so I can get under the tank with either straps or forks to lift it on/off the pickup.

Here is a link to the tank I got:
Better Built Steel Transfer Tank — 75 Gallon Capacity, L-Shaped, Model# 29224162 | Fuel Transfer + Storage Tanks | Northern Tool + Equipment

My question is.. do I need to add a 2x4 or 2x6 along the middle of the tank bottom to support it? and if so... what is best way to attach something in middle...??? Liquid nails?

Thanks,
Phill

Attachments

• Tank.JPG
    Tank.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 199
   / 75 Gallon "L shaped" transfer tank... #2  
How about bolting it to a cut down pallet, that way it's supported along the entire bottom.

/ 75 Gallon "L shaped" transfer tank... #3  
How about running the middle 2x6 perpendicular to form an 'H' shaped frame?

/ 75 Gallon "L shaped" transfer tank... #4  
How about running the middle 2x6 perpendicular to form an 'H' shaped frame?

that would negate the OP's original intent of getting straps or forks under it which was the whole reason to put 2x's under it in the first place (to create a gap)

/ 75 Gallon "L shaped" transfer tank... #5  
What does the mounting kit for this tank look like? That might give you/us some clues about how many attachment points you have available on the bottom of the tank, and/or how much of the tank *must* be supported. I'm guessing the tank expects almost continuous support, typical of sitting on a pickup box floor.

-rus-

/ 75 Gallon "L shaped" transfer tank... #6  
I think it would be best to ask the tank manufacturer rather than peaple here who have never seen what you have...75 gallons of fuel is a lot of weight. You will also be tranfering all that weight to only two small places in the truck bed also...

/ 75 Gallon "L shaped" transfer tank... #7  
My tank has atachment location on each side. Also a large note saying only use when tank is empty. The only strengh is the thickness of metal and when empty can move without any other means. Why are you wanting to unload a filled tank. price of pump is not that expensive.
ken

/ 75 Gallon "L shaped" transfer tank...
My tank has atachment location on each side. Also a large note saying only use when tank is empty. The only strengh is the thickness of metal and when empty can move without any other means. Why are you wanting to unload a filled tank. price of pump is not that expensive.
ken

Hey Ken,

My thoughts are to fill the tank up in the pickup... and then bring the tank home and put it in the shead (on wheel dollys) so I can move it around. I don't want to haul all that extra weight around all the time. I just want to have some reserve fuel on hand if/when the S*&# hits the fan with our economy. Then If I need to bug out I can lift the tank back in the pickup and have enought fuel to get to our family safe spot w/o having to rely on any fuel stops.

And of coarse have the plenty of fule for the tractor at home is a nice bonus as well.

Hope for the best.... but prepare for the worst.

Phill

I think it would be best to ask the tank manufacturer rather than peaple here who have never seen what you have...75 gallons of fuel is a lot of weight. You will also be tranfering all that weight to only two small places in the truck bed also...

Hey KennyD,

In my opnion; asking the MFG is worthless. To avoid lawsuits all they CAN tell you is "carry it on a bed of marsh mellows" type stuff.

I'd rather ask thoes who KNOW vs thoes who's lawyers tell them what to say.

IMHO,
Phill

What does the mounting kit for this tank look like? That might give you/us some clues about how many attachment points you have available on the bottom of the tank, and/or how much of the tank *must* be supported. I'm guessing the tank expects almost continuous support, typical of sitting on a pickup box floor.

-rus-

Hey Rus,

I'll post some actual pic's of the tank... but I'm sure you're not saying my "most excellent" paint shop delux drawing above is sub-standard!!!! I'm shocked! <grin>

Phill