homemade removable tractor cab

/ homemade removable tractor cab #1  

600rider

Gold Member
Tractor
2004 kubota b7510
I have a 2004 Kubota B7510 hst and have a front mount snowblower for it. After getting covered many times with snow I made this cab. I origanaly made it for a 1986 Ford 1310 and keept it when I bought my Kubota and retrofited" it for the Kubota. It has 5 panels and 2 doors and is bolted together. I can install it in about an hour and it keeps all snow out of my face. I made it removeable because I dont like it on in the summer as I have a few trees to mow arround and would get smashed up. I made it as light weight as possible out of 3/4" and 1/2" tube and origanaly 1/16" thick aluminium sheet metal, but used 1/4" plexi glass in the rebuild. The front and back windows are glass that I got from from a mini bus in a scrap yard. I used wiper motors from Aries K car wagons from the same scrap yard.

Attachments

• DSCF0015.JPG
    DSCF0015.JPG
    697.5 KB · Views: 1,231
  • DSCF0016.JPG
    DSCF0016.JPG
    744.5 KB · Views: 1,138
  • DSCF0017.JPG
    DSCF0017.JPG
    426.5 KB · Views: 771
  • DSCF0018.JPG
    DSCF0018.JPG
    687.1 KB · Views: 1,732
   / homemade removable tractor cab
The first pic is of the tractor ready for the cab I took the grab handles off and used the existing hole to bolt the side panels to. The second & third pics are of the brackets that are permantly mounted to the tractor. There are 2 brackets that bolt to the turnsignal light brackets and 2 that bolt just in front of the riders platform. You can see the front lower bracket in pic 4

Last edited:
Thie first pic in this set shows the bracket that the front panel sits in. next is the back panel in place. It bolts to the brackets at the turnsingnal. The third pic is the back of the same panel. The forth is of the left side panel inside attached to the rear panel and front panel with 3 bolts at the rear and 1 front and one in the grab handle hole.

Attachments

• DSCF0022.JPG
    DSCF0022.JPG
    665.6 KB · Views: 792
  • DSCF0021.JPG
    DSCF0021.JPG
    688 KB · Views: 731
  • DSCF0020.JPG
    DSCF0020.JPG
    710.9 KB · Views: 606
  • DSCF0019.JPG
    DSCF0019.JPG
    727 KB · Views: 586
The first pic is of the bracket that bolts into the grab handle hole. Next is the right side panel in place, it bolts the same way the left side does. Next is the door, I used a hinge made up of a bracket with a loop curled on the end to accept a pin on the other half much like the doors on a jitney would have. I made these in a sheet metal shop I worked in. The windows in the doors are windows from a jitney cab that had been wrecked at work and had to be cut down to work in my cab. The glass in the movable part of the window is plexi cut to fit. The top is scerwed on with self tapping screws about every 4" or so. I have 2 55w driving lights at the top of the cab (but may change to leds after reading another post) and an amber strobe light from the same wrecked jitney and 2 wiper motors and power is hot wire from the battery to a fuse block mounted on the inside of the front panel.

Attachments

• DSCF0023.JPG
    DSCF0023.JPG
    700.1 KB · Views: 508
  • DSCF0024.JPG
    DSCF0024.JPG
    680 KB · Views: 1,403
  • DSCF0025.JPG
    DSCF0025.JPG
    651.1 KB · Views: 838
   / homemade removable tractor cab #5  
Nice job. I think that a removable cab is the only way to go. I have started on mine.

Here are some pics I took a few years ago when I first put the cab on my Kubota. The snowblower is a ford blower but is the same as a Kubota made by Rad Technologies formerly Ber-Vac and has since been painted Kubota orange and has an electric rotation and linear actuator deflector.

Attachments

• TRACTOR 3.JPG
    TRACTOR 3.JPG
    465.6 KB · Views: 7,040
  • tractor 1.JPG
    tractor 1.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 1,546
heres another one

Attachments

• TRACTOR 3.JPG
    TRACTOR 3.JPG
    465.6 KB · Views: 693
   / homemade removable tractor cab #8  
This cab looks like it's preapared for battle, blackwater cab.

/ homemade removable tractor cab #9  
Very nice looking and should last for years..

Great job and very low cost

/ homemade removable tractor cab #10  
Br-r-r-r-r... you guys are killin' me!

(This was obviously the "BEFORE" pic....)

Attachments

• Jan 09.JPG
    Jan 09.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 1,173