Homemade Hydraulic angle on Rear Blade

/ Homemade Hydraulic angle on Rear Blade #1  

Craig Clayton

Platinum Member
Tractor
L2250 Kubota
Gentlemen
I put a 2 1/2" x 12" tierod cylinder on an older rear blade. This is the best addition I made with the least work. It has been used for 3 seasons and only once did the plate bolts loosen. When you are plowing there is nothing like being able to feather the 45 degrees right or left. There are changes I would like to make but it works just fine.
Craig Clayton

Attachments

• DSC00572.JPG
    DSC00572.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 2,147
  • DSC00571.JPG
    DSC00571.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,673
  • DSC00570.JPG
    DSC00570.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,463
  • DSC00576.JPG
    DSC00576.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,106
  • DSC00573.JPG
    DSC00573.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,685
  • DSC00574.JPG
    DSC00574.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,354
  • DSC00575.JPG
    DSC00575.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,524
   / Homemade Hydraulic angle on Rear Blade #2  
Nice setup, beats the heck of jumping up and down off the tractor to change the angle.

/ Homemade Hydraulic angle on Rear Blade #3  
I need to do this to mine.

Chris

/ Homemade Hydraulic angle on Rear Blade #4  
Nice work!
I wish I could make mine spin 360 degrees. (for a $100.00)
I guess I'll have to keep doing the hopscotch method. :eek:

/ Homemade Hydraulic angle on Rear Blade #5  
There was a thread on here last year where a guy build one that would rotate all the way around (may 3RRL ??). I think it had to do with position of the cylinder and length of cylinder travel. When the cylinder was extended long, the blade would rotate all the way around. Then draw the cylinder in some to set the angle. Do it again, and it'd flip around again. It was pretty sweet setup accomplished with just one cylinder.

/ Homemade Hydraulic angle on Rear Blade
Dear Gittyup
With the interest in this post I took a few more photos of the blade without the snow. I also measured my own work and the cylinder is a 10" stroke not 12" stroke. Photos are still in the camera. There is a lot of strain when you a pulling hard and hit something. I did see a real Road Grader that can turn its blade 360 degrees with 1 cylinder through a cog gear and a rotary valve
Craig Clayton

/ Homemade Hydraulic angle on Rear Blade #7  
Nice feature over manual, but for grading work I'd add an hyd. adjustable rear wheel for height.

/ Homemade Hydraulic angle on Rear Blade #8  
Been wanting to do this on mine for awhile, thanx for the motivation!!

/ Homemade Hydraulic angle on Rear Blade #9  
Yup count me in I've been toying with the idea for a couple of years now, I have the cylinder and the remotes already and I could probably do it with out much trouble if I wanted it to just work with blade facing forward. but what's been holding me up is trying to figure a way to use it with blade reversed as well.

Maybe I'll just set it up to work hydraulically in the normal forward position and use it manually when reversed. Most of the time I'm using it in the normal position.

Thanks,
JB.

/ Homemade Hydraulic angle on Rear Blade #10  
Got me hooked also!
Have cylinder, valve just needed motivation!
Also intend to install hyd tilt, have cyl and diverter valve needed.

Getting lazier as I ageier. LOL!