Where to get weld on hooks?

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #31  
I want to get weld on hooks for my FEL. Where is a good place to get?

I just welded two hooks to the bucket of my Kubota. I checked around and wanted to purchase hooks "Made in the USA". Of course everything is made in China and this was just a small way to say I wanted to support the American worker. I went to the Gempler's web site and sure enough it said "Made in USA". I immediately ordered them on-line and when they showed up a couple of days later cast into the hook it said "China". Since I had their catalog I looked up the same part and in the catalog it said "imported". H'mmmm! So I email Gemplers to complain and explained the conflicting descriptions and advised them to change their website. They said I could keep the hooks or donate them!?? The next day the website was changed to "imported". I ended up using the hooks but would have preferred hooks made in the U.S.

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #32  
I just welded two hooks to the bucket of my Kubota. I checked around and wanted to purchase hooks "Made in the USA". Of course everything is made in China and this was just a small way to say I wanted to support the American worker. I went to the Gempler's web site and sure enough it said "Made in USA". I immediately ordered them on-line and when they showed up a couple of days later cast into the hook it said "China". Since I had their catalog I looked up the same part and in the catalog it said "imported". H'mmmm! So I email Gemplers to complain and explained the conflicting descriptions and advised them to change their website. They said I could keep the hooks or donate them!?? The next day the website was changed to "imported". I ended up using the hooks but would have preferred hooks made in the U.S.

Gotta watch that Made in the USA requirement.

You would never know the drive of a nice mercedes with that requirement.

Products are shared around the world so people don't have to settle with just what their country is capable of making. It is like saying "I don't want that nice thing from another country, I will just have this crappy thing from this country instead, because I live in it.

China products are different, though, they are usually crappier. I suspect the recent Chinese economy success will be short lived because of their crappy products.

Not me. I want nice stuff and it makes no difference to me who made it.

The USA was made from people from other lands originally.

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #34  

Attachments

• SNOW 004.jpg
    SNOW 004.jpg
    766.1 KB · Views: 353
   / Where to get weld on hooks? #35  
Gotta watch that Made in the USA requirement.

You would never know the drive of a nice mercedes with that requirement.

Not me. I want nice stuff and it makes no difference to me who made it.

The USA was made from people from other lands originally.

Gravy, I do buy stuff made in other countries but I saw "made here" so I thought this was just a small way, very small way to buy from here. I don't have the "it has to be made in the USA requirement". I drive an older Honda (1995 Accord) which was made overseas and would buy another in a heart beat. What a fantastic quality build vehicle!! If I could afford it I'd buy a Mercedes today!! I hope to buy a new car in a year or so but I'm really leary about the quality of American made cars. I know this will upset some members but that is how I feel. Hopefully their quality will not just meet the quality of imports but surpass them.

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #36  
Or you can just cut down the hardware store clevis or round hole hooks..Thats how Ive always done it. Maybe before the invented the weld on ones.

Just google on "weld on hooks".

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #37  
Radly53,

Did you use any "pre-heat" before you put the heat to that welded on hook? It looks real good.

kj

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #38  
I used hooks that go on 3/8 chain used a cut off wheel and grinder to make the flat and mig welder

bucketonmachine7.jpg

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #39  
I took the easy way out and bought heavy duty 3/8 clevis grab hooks. ground a flat spot on the back of the hook and welded to the bucket. works great. that was my only alternative as I live at the end of the world and we don't have any sort of farm supply or tractor stores within 2 hours drive.:)

You must be in Illwacco.

/ Where to get weld on hooks? #40  
When I first read this thread I thought, "How hard can they be to get, really?"

Spent most of yesterday looking. You'd think it was the Holy Grail from the answers I got across sales counters.

Back to using the zip-cut and grinding wheel for me.

Chilly