Bucket modifications

/ Bucket modifications #1  

BryanM

Gold Member
Tractor
John deere 2155, ford 1600
Anyone ever modify their bucket(loader) too handle more material.

I would like to modify my bucket with some kind of extension too handle more material. the material is pretty light weight, its animal bedding kids 4h animals so wet and dry straw for the most part.

looking for some ideas pictures that sort of thing, maybe some kind design or maybe someones done this before.

we usually shovel all material into the bucket so I dont need too scoop and poo just dump!

So any ideas!!!!!

/ Bucket modifications #2  
can't remember the exact name, maybe "extenda bucket" extenda load. Something like that. I have seen posts here I believe about it. THey have a website because I have seen it. Someone will see this post and remember exact name

/ Bucket modifications #3  
check out bxpanded.... they have an extender on there....

J

/ Bucket modifications #4  
I can't say that I modified mine to handle more material but I did it more for safety. Now when my bucket is right up I don't have to worry so much about snow falling on my hood but it still is classed as a "Modification" .

Attachments

• b7.jpg
    b7.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 2,565
  • b8.jpg
    b8.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 926
  • b9.jpg
    b9.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 884
  • b14.jpg
    b14.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 1,419
   / Bucket modifications #5  
4shorts,

Nice!

/ Bucket modifications #6  
Ive made some bucket extensions that bolt onto the sides and top of tractor loaders for working inside chicken barns. I just took 3/16s plate and made some sides and a top and bottom. The bottom had channel irons that sat onto the bottom of the loader bucket. The sides pinned to the the loader sides. The loader could handle 2 times the volume. They dont last long i nthe acidic chicken litter though.

/ Bucket modifications #7  
I can't say that I modified mine to handle more material but I did it more for safety. Now when my bucket is right up I don't have to worry so much about snow falling on my hood but it still is classed as a "Modification" .

Dang 4shorts,

You do nice work! If I were to do something that nice it would take me 2 weeks and about 3 "do overs"!

Carry on,
Phill

/ Bucket modifications #8  
I did an extension on a bucket for a CAT 980G. Just remember that a relatively small increase in height for the extension can dramatically increase the volume of the material the bucket will carry so don't make it too high or you might be sacrificing operator visibility for capacity you won't need.

One nice feature the customer wanted on the extension I made was that it had grates installed on the last two feet of each end to help with visibility. I ran the machine on the property a little and for that bucket the grates still let me clearly see where the leading edge was digging in and how the bucket was filling.

If you're only ever moving bedding material with it then maybe a framed-in piece of expanded metal would do the trick for you.

/ Bucket modifications #9  
I just wedge a suitable size piece of plywood in the bottom of the bucket. works good , cheap and easy to install and remove. Not high tech, but thats me. Alows me to clean one additional horse stall per load.

/ Bucket modifications #10  
I added a screen to the top of mine for snow removal. It works well, the snow won't go through the screen but the lights will for night time work.

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

I used 3/4-9 expanded metal and 2 inch x 1/8 square tube. It bolts on, so I can remove it for summer use.

Chilly