Cage for Kioti LB1914

/ Cage for Kioti LB1914 #11  
I like that suggestion except that I have a fancy dismount where I swing my leg over the hood, suspend my body from one hand on the steering wheel and one on the fender handle and then fly out the side hopefully sticking the landing. I would have to develop a new dismount if I put a post where you suggest and that is unthinkable! ; )

Or I could just get a grapple so I don't have to get on and off the tractor so often ; )

Do you keep a chalk-box on your tractor to aid in your dismount gymnastics? :)

/ Cage for Kioti LB1914
Yea, chalk would probably help!

Got some pictures from the shop this morning! side sheilds, rear shield and expanded metal still to come.

Attachments

• cage front view 1.jpg
    cage front view 1.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 479
  • Cage side view 1.jpg
    Cage side view 1.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 511
  • cage from drivers seat 1.jpg
    cage from drivers seat 1.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 394
   / Cage for Kioti LB1914
A little more progress and some more pictures!

Attachments

• pics 120.jpg
    pics 120.jpg
    547.6 KB · Views: 518
  • pics 115.jpg
    pics 115.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 399
   / Cage for Kioti LB1914 #14  
That's a stout cage. A couple of gussets where the 'A' pillar meets the roof would go a long way towards taking the place of the posts I suggested in an earlier post.

I like the Willy's coupe on the lift in one of the shop photos you posted.

/ Cage for Kioti LB1914
Are you talking about gussets to keep it from racking sideways or gussets to keep it from crushing downward?

/ Cage for Kioti LB1914 #16  
Looking good. Just remember when we add heavy steel up high, we have now changed the COG. My cage is around 200 lbs, so I will be very carefull when working on a grade & I always wear my seatbelt unless I am on flat ground.

RD

/ Cage for Kioti LB1914
Thanks for the reminder RD. This cage should be around 300 pounds and I had the same thought. So I'm getting a 7/8" x 44" long rolled steel bar for the lower link arms. I used to be a weight lifter and have about 1000 pounds of excercise plates rusting in my basement. I figure I can get 600-700 pounds on the bar. Since excercise plates are round like wheels and the link arms float there are no worries about running it too close to the ground so I'll have this weight down low and it should more than counter the weight up high. The cage itself will add to initial stability but will detract from secondary stability. Stability is part of the reason I made the cage narrow. You can lean a bit before the heavy part of the cage is outside the wheels.

I wanted to do the side supports to the loader arms that were mentioned before but when I got an estimate for them it exceeded my budget. So I'm taking the cage as is and may add to it myself in the future since my cousin just aquired a new welder and a whole bunch of other metal working tools.

I'll post pictures of the final (well, final for now) cage once I have them. I've been told it's done but haven't seen it yet.

/ Cage for Kioti LB1914 #18  
That is one nice cage!

/ Cage for Kioti LB1914
Here are the final pictures (for now). I do want to add side supports from the loader uprights and rear mesh but that is for another time.

Attachments

• pics 126 (Medium).jpg
    pics 126 (Medium).jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 440
  • pics 128 (Medium).jpg
    pics 128 (Medium).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 286
  • pics 129 (Medium).jpg
    pics 129 (Medium).jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 406
  • pics 130 (Medium).jpg
    pics 130 (Medium).jpg