Cage for Kioti LB1914

/ Cage for Kioti LB1914 #1  

gladehound

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DS4510HS, Exmark Laser Z, Kioti LB1914
Hi all, been thinking about putting a cage on my little ol tractor for some time since I'm aways in the woods collecting moving logs and collecting fire wood. Have had a few close calls when a FOPS would have been nice and one near catastrophy where I hooked a monkey vine on the bucket and inadvertently nearly pulled an 12" diameter 50 foot tall spire onto my head. Thankfully for me and my family, it didn't come all the way down. It was to the side of the tractor so the ROPS would not have helped at all. I'm attaching a drawling of the design I think will work best for me. I've been talking to a friend who fabricates race cars and roll cages for a living and trying to get on his schedule... maybe next week.

Attachments

• Tractor cage mock up.pdf
    161.8 KB · Views: 729
   / Cage for Kioti LB1914
Nice cage! My friend said he could fit me in this Monday! I take the tractor down at 7AM. I've decided to use expanded metal on the roof for visibility. I'll post pictures when it's done.

/ Cage for Kioti LB1914 #4  
Cant wait for the pics!

/ Cage for Kioti LB1914 #5  
If you use the expanded metal for the top you could always mount an electric cooling fan from a car or truck radiator, should keep you cool on those hot days.

/ Cage for Kioti LB1914
Thanks for the cooling tip! Where I live it is almost all woods and the woods keep the air cool even when it is 10-15 degrees in near by areas without trees. but I might try it anyway! Dropped the tractor off this morning. He said it should be done later this week!

/ Cage for Kioti LB1914 #7  
Hope to hook mine up this year, been saying that for two seasons now. I got mine from a friend that had replaced the cooling fan because he was told it was bad, come to find out it was a relay or switch instead of the fan. But he had already special ordered the new fan and installed it. So he gave me the old one. Really interested in seeing your finished cage, I've built a few for jeeps and race cars on the side but never a tractor. [:)]

/ Cage for Kioti LB1914 #8  
Gladehound:

My only suggestion would be to add two posts running vertical down to the loader mounts if space permits.

/ Cage for Kioti LB1914
I like that suggestion except that I have a fancy dismount where I swing my leg over the hood, suspend my body from one hand on the steering wheel and one on the fender handle and then fly out the side hopefully sticking the landing. I would have to develop a new dismount if I put a post where you suggest and that is unthinkable! ; )

Or I could just get a grapple so I don't have to get on and off the tractor so often ; )

/ Cage for Kioti LB1914
Talked to my builder... The main part of the frame is all together. The sides and expanded metal should go on tomorrow. Paint on Thursday or Friday. Said it should be ready for the weekend! : )