LED Lights on my GC2300

/ LED Lights on my GC2300 #1  

Bedrock2300

I have been looking for some time to add lights to my MF GC2300. The OEM lights just don稚 seem to cut it. If you have the FEL attached and you are driving on the road the height of the FEL obstructs the OEM lights perfectly.

I have been looking at LED痴 but was shock by the prices. Well Northern Tools has come to my rescue. They have a 54 LED light! I have purchased 2 and installed them.

I have installed them lower than the OEM lights in hopes that this winter when I am pushing snow I will be able to see! Also mowing grass in the evening, you can稚 really see your cut line.

Equipment / Installation
I installed a 30 amp 12 volt relay (Auto Zone) $6.00, this is mounted to the bottom of the fuel gauge? 12 volt 15 amp marine grade switch (Overtons) $7.00, this is mounted on the dash, I found a place were a switch could be added? Rubberized boot for the switch (Overtons) $1.50, mounted over the switch for weather proofing? 54 led light (Northern Tools) $40.00 each, I used the top bolt of the brush guard for the mounting bolt for the lights. It took me and my son about 3.5 hours to complete.

I had some miscellaneous expenses but not much say another $20.00. So my total is around $115.00.

I wired the new lights to work independently of the OEM lights. So you can run the OEM lights or the LED lights or both. I wired it to the ignition switch, so no need to worry about leaving the lights on and draining your battery, and with the low amp draw of LEDs no need to worry about over taxing your alternator.

I am going to add 3 more in the future 2 facing forward on the ROP and one facing to the rear on the ROP.

We can see by the pictures the difference with OEM lights, LED lights and both.

In the pictures you see a 32ft extension ladder (16 ft collapsed) there is a small shed about a foot past this. With just the OEM you can hardly see the end of the ladder, with the LEDs you can plainly see the shed past the ladder plus the field of view is a lot wider!

Hope this helps someone!
Dan

Attachments

• Relay.JPG
    Relay.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 441
  • Switch Front.JPG
    Switch Front.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 396
  • OEM Light Only.JPG
    OEM Light Only.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 316
  • Just LEDS.JPG
    Just LEDS.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 274
  • OEM and LEDs.JPG
    OEM and LEDs.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 380
  • Both LED and OEM.JPG
    Both LED and OEM.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 1,000
   / LED Lights on my GC2300 #2  
Very nice, but what is the P/N?

/ LED Lights on my GC2300 #4  
   / LED Lights on my GC2300 #5  
cool...i need some new lights on my mf231

/ LED Lights on my GC2300 #6  
... I have installed them lower than the OEM lights in hopes that this winter when I am pushing snow I will be able to see!

Hope that works for you. Only problem is, LED's don't produce heat. The snow may stick to them and build up until you can't see with them. Hope this is not a problem for you, but I thought I should caution you about this ahead of time. Others on this forum have run into that problem with LED lights.

Since I live in Florida - snow is not an issue :)

thanks for the info and link

/ LED Lights on my GC2300 #7  
Only problem is, LED's don't produce heat.

Actually, the ones used for lighting produce quite a bit of heat as they're driven pretty hard. However, they're usually mounted to a heatsink which dumps it all out the back of the unit.

/ LED Lights on my GC2300 #8  
Very nice! Only thing I would have done differnt is mout the lights on the ROPS; I think you would find that far more effective.:thumbsup: Your placement certainly works good for driving but the overhead offers the advantage of illuminating the operator platform, step, and the terrain beside you. Makes is easier/safer to mount/dismount the tractor. You could also add one or two facing backwards. :cool:

I just emailed Princess Auto (Canada store like NT) and suggested that they sell these!:licking:

/ LED Lights on my GC2300 #9  
The OEM lights just don't seem to cut it.
* If you have the FEL attached and you are driving on the road the height of the FEL obstructs the OEM lights perfectly.
Dan
*I don't see how this would help any?
Won't the Fel still block the lites when when you reinstall it?
169683d1277641621-led-lights-my-gc2300-both-led-oem.jpg

/ LED Lights on my GC2300 #10  
*I don't see how this would help any?
Won't the Fel still block the lites when when you reinstall it?
I'll second that... I like the lights, but IMHO I think the lights would be more useful if mounted higher then the OEM mounted lights...