Need some guidance

/ Need some guidance #1  

neevlk

Dont know much on guidance systems but would like something for spreading fertilizer ,spraying etc jobs that dont require sub inch accuracy and dont need it to do the steering. Heard talk of a light bar any help would be appreciated on opperation , need to pay for signal ,price etc. Thanks for any info.

/ Need some guidance #2  
for spraying, why not add a foam marker, when broadcast spreading make a pass and have someone walk alongside the spreader to determine broadcast distance, moving in or out as needed to find the edge of the spreading distance. Pace off that distance from you're wheel tracks and make your next pass that distance from the existing broadcast pattern. Sight on a far away tree, fence post etc to hold a straight "furrow" so to speak.
The last farming tractor we purchased, gps was expensive, 10K plus. now granted that was a complete package, steering, alarms the whole ball of wax, but i'd suspect even a simple gps thats positioning only will be more than most people want to spend.

/ Need some guidance #3  
I don't know how much area you are planning on spraying; but I use the blue dye to give me an idea where I've been. The stuff is about the same deep blue color as machinist's marking dye before you mix it up in the tank. I always use more dye than recommended to make sure I can see the stuff.

/ Need some guidance #4  
but I use the blue dye to give me an idea where I've been. ....... I always use more dye than recommended to make sure I can see the stuff.
I do too .... but I've found the blue marking dye at TSC to be fairly pricey (around $20 or so for a bottle about the size of two pop cans) .... so this last time I picked up some blue dye used for ponds (Blue Bayou) - at $40 for a gallon, it is much cheaper (supposed to treat up to 1.25 million gallons) .... and seems to work just fine (and gives the lawn a very nice color :laughing:)