Binder & Chain

/ Binder & Chain #1  

TWD

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M59
Looking to replace my old, loose, binder's and get some new chain.

Suggestions?

Can I get binders NOT made in china anymore?

What about chain? What manufacture is considered top quality?

Is everyone using 3/8 for their tractors/loads :confused:

/ Binder & Chain #3  
I use two of 5/16" G70 transportation chains and binders to hold the tractor down when I haul it. Most other loads are often too delicate, so they get 2" ratchet straps, or 1" ratchet straps, or a combination of them.

I bought my chains and binders a little over 10 years ago at Marden's. They were CM chains, and the hooks, binders, and chains are stamped USA. I recently looked there because I need to add/replace a bunch of short chains I use for lifting/dragging, etc. Everything now is stamped China, but what isn't stamped China anymore?

/ Binder & Chain #4  
Looking to replace my old, loose, binder's and get some new chain.

Suggestions?

Can I get binders NOT made in china anymore?

What about chain? What manufacture is considered top quality?

Is everyone using 3/8 for their tractors/loads :confused:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you'll find a supplier of high tinsel 1/4" spinning chain you'll sell all of your old bigger aggravating chain for scrap metal and wonder what took so long to discover it.
YouTube - Tripping in w/ spinning chain

/ Binder & Chain #5  
I use two of 5/16" G70 transportation chains and binders to hold the tractor down when I haul it. Most other loads are often too delicate, so they get 2" ratchet straps, or 1" ratchet straps, or a combination of them.

I bought my chains and binders a little over 10 years ago at Marden's. They were CM chains, and the hooks, binders, and chains are stamped USA. I recently looked there because I need to add/replace a bunch of short chains I use for lifting/dragging, etc. Everything now is stamped China, but what isn't stamped China anymore?

Mardens is where I get my chain too. However, the guys on the other side of the country prob won't see the big saving when they drive here to get it!

Ref made in China - saw a brand new John Deere 848 skidder at a dealer the other day and one of the first things you notice, just like a neon sign blazing in the night, are the big pipe caps screwed on the protective nipples over the valve stems with MADE IN CHINA on them. A quarter of a million dollar machine advertising for 'made in China".

/ Binder & Chain #6  
It depends on your location.

Around here, Carolina Chain and Cable is where I go.

A good deal can be found sometimes at the local truckstop too. Sometimes flatbed drivers will move a couple of chains and binders cheap to get a little pocket money while on the road.

/ Binder & Chain #7  
TSC store also has chain and binders.

/ Binder & Chain #9  
You can hardly beat the 5/16" X 20' Grade 70 chain @ Lowes.
5/16" X 20 Chain
I also bought my binders at Lowes.

/ Binder & Chain #10  
Buy Grade 70 chain. Grade 70 chain is Grade 70 chain even if China makes it now. China and USA went through the counterfeit bolt and chain thingy decades ago. People were being killed because China was selling Grade 5 bolts as Grade 8 bolts. Chain was the same way. Grade is Grade now. As far as binders TSC used to sell good ones. They may still. C/M makes the best chain and binders if you can find them.