Meyer's plow on a JD 2320

/ Meyer's plow on a JD 2320 #1  

kennyd

Advertiser
Tractor
John Deere 3720 CAB/TLB, JD455
So, A guy (named Joe) from this forum asked me to build a custom plow setup for his new 2320. As some of you know the 54" plow that JD offers for the 2x20 series machines is a joke on many levels...So Joe bought a well used Meyer 78" plow of CL, and wanted it put on his tractor before winter. I copied the idea from a user here at TBN and MU named GunMaker who did this for his 2520. I had Joe buy the JD factory front QH rather than try to make my own. Anyway, here are some pictures from this past weekend when I got it done for him.

Picasa Web Albums - Ken - Joes 2320

/ Meyer's plow on a JD 2320 #2  
The work Kenny did to hook up the old Plow (6.5 feet) on my 2320 is impressive. When I bought the old plow (off an old Jeep) I knew it would be a project to pull together, but I did not like the small plow that Deere offered. Ken was able to see the solution right away and he was able to integrate the old plow with the Deere Quick hitch to make the transition from Mower to Snow Plow possible without tools.
Here's a breakdown of the parts used
Parts:
  • John Deere Quick hitch (for 2320-2520-2720 tractors - $400 on Ebay)
  • John Deere bracket LVB24895 ($78) - to quick mount snow plow
  • John Deere bracket LVB24899 ($112) - to quick mount mower deck
  • Some flat stock steel for use in adapting / mounting the Quick Hitch kit onto the old plow

I now have a decent sized plow and a relatively fast way to transition between mowing and plowing as easily as possible (I'm guessing it will be about 20 minutes or so with the drive on deck). Oh and Kenny also welded on some hooks to the bucket while he had the tractor 'in the shop'.

By the way he did all this (more or less) in one day.

Attachments

• IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 1,775
  • DSCN1015b.jpg
    DSCN1015b.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 1,501
  • DSCN1014a.jpg
    DSCN1014a.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 1,296
  • DSCN1017a.jpg
    DSCN1017a.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 1,418
Last edited:
   / Meyer's plow on a JD 2320 #4  
Very nice,

good job again Kenny

:D

did you leave it at 78"? it doesn't look that
wide on the tractor.

/ Meyer's plow on a JD 2320
Dutch445 said:
Very nice,

good job again Kenny

:D

did you leave it at 78"? it doesn't look that
wide on the tractor.

Yes, it is still 78". Thanks for the compliments.

Edit:
Your statement brings up a great point, JD is so missing the boat on these tractors by only offering the 54" plow for these machines. If you've been around a while, then you know what they used to offer for the old x55 series-the #380 plow. It was built like a tank! And sized much better for these machines, whet they don't have something like that is beyond me. I adapted one to my 4110 and it is sized perfectly for this size.

You work for JD, so I ask you why?

Last edited:
   / Meyer's plow on a JD 2320 #8  
very nice. I can't beleive you did it in less then a day though.:thumbsup: I am sure you dicusses and reviewed stuff you gotta do for more then a few days.;)

/ Meyer's plow on a JD 2320 #9  
Looks great.
Hope to see some snow pics soon, and fill in a pic on the Snowplow thread.

Pray for snow!

/ Meyer's plow on a JD 2320 #10  
Great job!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Although I don't look forward to too much white stuff, its always a great excuse to get out and do a little plowing with my rig.

Dave