Most awesome new tractor seat!

/ Most awesome new tractor seat! #1  

Gale Hawkins

Super Star Member
Tractor
1948 Allis Chambers Model B 1976 265 MF / 1983 JD 310B Backhoe / 1966 Ford 3000 Diesel / 1980 3600 Diesel
Northern Tool - Michigan Seat Highback Suspension Seat, Model# V-5300 customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

The new Swisher ZT2760 came with a nice tractor seat with arms but when mowing on rough ground it it did not have enough give. I noticed Swisher (others) had an awesome seat on their premium priced lines and through research learned the one Swisher will sell you for $850 is the very same seat Northern Tool sells for $319 plus shipping.

I read and reread many reviews on this Michigan High Back tractor seat then ordered it last Tue and in came on Friday. Today we installed it and it really smooths out the bumps. It has settings from 100 to 270 pound for the rider, lumbar, back angle and hight of arm rest settings.

If you have any health issues like my arthritis or just want to go fast read the reviews.

It has the same 12.25" x 11" bolt pattern common to a lot of seats. It was about a 5 minute swap out job the FIRST time we installed. The blades would only engage if I stood up. :D

As it turns out the plug and play pressure switch in the new seat comes NC (Normally Closed) and the Swisher seat uses NO (Normally Open) logic. We swapped out safety pressure switches then I could mow sitting down. :)

As you will read others have used this seat on tractors that required some fitting to get the ride it offers. The seat weights 55 pounds and sits a couple inches higher than the OEM seat.

Read the reviews to get a better range of applications.

/ Most awesome new tractor seat! #2  
This is the same seat that I ordered as an option on my SnapperPro ZTR. If I remember correctly it was a $300 adder when ordered with the mower or if I decided I wanted one later it was $800 or so. I have never regretted paying the $300. I have had the mower for about 1-1/2 years and the seat has held up great.

/ Most awesome new tractor seat! #3  
Northern Tool - Michigan Seat Highback Suspension Seat, Model# V-5300 customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

The new Swisher ZT2760 came with a nice tractor seat with arms but when mowing on rough ground it it did not have enough give. I noticed Swisher (others) had an awesome seat on their premium priced lines and through research learned the one Swisher will sell you for $850 is the very same seat Northern Tool sells for $319 plus shipping.

I read and reread many reviews on this Michigan High Back tractor seat then ordered it last Tue and in came on Friday. Today we installed it and it really smooths out the bumps. It has settings from 100 to 270 pound for the rider, lumbar, back angle and hight of arm rest settings.

If you have any health issues like my arthritis or just want to go fast read the reviews.

It has the same 12.25" x 11" bolt pattern common to a lot of seats. It was about a 5 minute swap out job the FIRST time we installed. The blades would only engage if I stood up. :D

As it turns out the plug and play pressure switch in the new seat comes NC (Normally Closed) and the Swisher seat uses NO (Normally Open) logic. We swapped out safety pressure switches then I could mow sitting down. :)

As you will read others have used this seat on tractors that required some fitting to get the ride it offers. The seat weights 55 pounds and sits a couple inches higher than the OEM seat.

Read the reviews to get a better range of applications.

I'm jealous!! I want a better seat for my Kubota tractor, but I really need an integrated seatbelt. There's no point having a lot of seat travel if the seatbelt is just going to cut into your lap when you bounce.

/ Most awesome new tractor seat! #4  
I put that on my JD 2520 and love it! :thumbsup:

/ Most awesome new tractor seat! #5  
..but I really need an integrated seatbelt. There's no point having a lot of seat travel if the seatbelt is just going to cut into your lap when you bounce.
I hadn't given it much thought. My seatbelt is frame mounted. The belt just extends and retracts as I move. I guess if it was a violent enough bounce it would dig into my lap, but no issues yet.

/ Most awesome new tractor seat! #6  
I have one of these seats also, however I have not had time to mount it yet. The seat belt is attached to the frame that holds the cushion. When the seat moves the belt will move with it. Sears (Michigan Seat company) builds a lot of the OEM seats. Grammer is another big seat company.

/ Most awesome new tractor seat! #7  
I have one of these seats also, however I have not had time to mount it yet. The seat belt is attached to the frame that holds the cushion. When the seat moves the belt will move with it. Sears (Michigan Seat company) builds a lot of the OEM seats. Grammer is another big seat company.

Speaking of Grammar, I noticed Grammar manufactures in Hudson, WI and so after a quick call to learn if they had a show floor, I chased over to Hudson, WI, to try to figure out what airseat I should get for the tractor I plan to purchase (I broke my back years ago and so finding the right "fit" is super important to me). Anyway Grammar tried to accommodate me, but did not really have a showroom—however they did point me to a distributor of theirs just two miles down the road.

Long story short, I ended up looking at the 95 series with the adjustable backrest and I learned that basically everything is customizable. Too much lumber support? They can either remove the support mechanism entirely, or swap out foam padding. They also noted how the swivel plate would work, how it could be added to nearly any seat, and how the air system worked. Small distributer who took the time to listen to my special needs and I plan to work with them when I order my new CUT.

Industrial Suspension Seats, Cameras and In-Cab Monitors

/ Most awesome new tractor seat! #9  
This Northern tools seat is the one that came on my Ferris IS2000. It was part of a special spring deal from the mower manufacturer that included the Kawasaki FX engine over the Briggs. Love the seat...is very comfortable. Lumbar feels just right. No fading after a couple of years and seems just as good as day one. Contours are perfect for me. 185lbs and 5'10". The spring suspension of the seat coupled with the spring suspension of my ztr makes mowing very smooth, even with the rougher lawn I have. Lot of land out in the country.

/ Most awesome new tractor seat! #10  
Got the same seat ( Cordura High Back Seat) on sale at Mills Fleet Farm a couple weeks ago for 179.00 ( I think reg. price 229.00) ... really like the seat, but had to remove R armrest because it hits rear HYD outs control levers