Heated wiper blade installed

/ Heated wiper blade installed #1  

Builder

East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar__
Tractor
Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB
Really hate wipers all globbed up in ice, not having clear vision, so I bit on the "Everblades" heated wiper idea.

I bought them about 3 days ago. they arrived really quick and I thought what the heck, if they don't work, I'm out $84.

I installed it in about 45 minutes, taking my time in the 30* temps my fingers were frozen-can't really wear gloves.

I like the switch, design, construction, but I'm skeptical the wires will attract a big clump of ice. Hopefully the heated blade will generate enough heat to keep the wires free of ice.

Pics(sorry 2 of them are sideways):

Attachments

• DSCN2695.jpg
    DSCN2695.jpg
    807.4 KB · Views: 649
  • DSCN2696.jpg
    DSCN2696.jpg
    834.1 KB · Views: 562
  • DSCN2697.jpg
    DSCN2697.jpg
    813.3 KB · Views: 429
   / Heated wiper blade installed #2  
Spay some Pam cooking spray on a rag and wipe down all the parts you do not want ice on. This is a old pilots trick. It may not totally prevent ice but it will make it come off easily.

By the way, that is a real tractor...

Chris

/ Heated wiper blade installed #3  
Cool, I mean warm. :confused2:

Is the heating element in the rubber portion ?

/ Heated wiper blade installed #5  
I used to buy them years ago for my pickups and they worked great. The only complaint I had was poor wiping performance in rainy conditions and the frames would ice up, effecting the blades ability to follow the contour of the windshield. However, I just checked out their site and the newest blades use silcon rubber and the "66" model features a heated frame to prevent icing. Might have to pick-up a set.