Installing Cab Heater

/ Installing Cab Heater #1  

chefirv

Tractor
ford 1210
OK guys I need to pick some of your brains on this subject.
I have a 1986 ford 1210 3 cycl diesal. I was given a heater box from a friend and i am in the process of installing it.
I bought a kit that has a shutoff value and a return adapter.
My question is a have 2 plugs that screw in on the top of my water pump.I am wondering if that is were i tap into to get the antifreeze for the heater.
Is one a supply and one a return???
Do i do one from the top of the water pump and one were the engine drain plug is??
was hoping someone out there with any info would help direct in the right direction.
I have read alot of forums about this but those forums all seem to use the factory heater boxes. I have seen some post that show a line coming out of the engine drain plug.
Any feedback wuld be greatly appreciated.

/ Installing Cab Heater #2  
Have you posted this in the Ford/New Holland forum, here on TBN, if not it would be a good idea.

Might get more hits on the subject.

/ Installing Cab Heater #3  
COULD THAT ENGINE BE A MITSUBISHI?
Like is it K3xx?
If so I could look over my installation as I hombrewed it 7-8 yrs ago with excellent results, but would need to check it out as the old memory ain't what it used to be.
PM me if so.

/ Installing Cab Heater #4  
My tractor had a short bypass hose at the thermostat. I removed the hose and ran my heater hoses to those two points. Nice and toasty!

/ Installing Cab Heater #5  
My tractor had a short bypass hose at the thermostat. I removed the hose and ran my heater hoses to those two points. Nice and toasty!

This is the same way my dad did it with his kubota l2550.

/ Installing Cab Heater #6  

Now that U mention it, that is what I also did.

Used heater hose back to cab and then adapted to 1/2" copper up to my heater that is placed top front right corner of winshield.
It blows the heat downwards and backwards.

I chose that location as my cab is tight and it is the least bothersome location.
Also it keeps the windshield clear.