Modify rear blade to front blade and back?

/ Modify rear blade to front blade and back? #1  

corey9212

Platinum Member
Tractor
2015 John Deere 3046R
Hello I have a BX2660 with a FEL and rear blade and am wandering if it's possible to mod the rear blade so it can attach to the FEL to use as a front blade for the winter and then put it back onto the 3 point for summer driveway maintenance, the reason I ask is cause of money being tight right now to go out and buy a new front blade to attach to the FEL so I figure it might be cheaper to make a conversion. Any help and advice on this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Corey

/ Modify rear blade to front blade and back? #2  
I thought of this several times myself. I think I remember seeing some kind of front 3 point mount that would work for many implements.

/ Modify rear blade to front blade and back? #3  
I've thought the same thing. I plan to modify a quick hitch to quick tac so I can mount 3pt implements such as a blade and carry-all on the loader arms.
Just gotta find the time and a little cash.

M.D.

/ Modify rear blade to front blade and back? #4  
It's doable for sure, the way Mighty Dodge mentioned is the way I would do it.
get a cheap HF QH and mod it to work with JD's Quick attach system.

you don't want to mod the blade, just need an adaptor

Does your Kubota have a quick remove bucket?

I thought of it myself but to this point I have not had a need. I already have a front plow and forks.

3 point to skid steer - Google Search

Google image search shows many, mostly for skid steer type quick attach.

Funny thing I see a contraption I made in that search, it's the JD with the bucket on the back. click the picture it links to TBN and a prev thread on the subject.

JB.

/ Modify rear blade to front blade and back? #5  
I'm in the prosess of making one now. I got a quick hitch and a quick attach plate and am ready to weld it together. I just sent a complete setup back today. Nothing was straight on it! Hmmm I'll see if i can get a pic tomorrow.

/ Modify rear blade to front blade and back? #6  
You can make yourself a loader-mounted quick hitch like this.

Attachments

• 100_0872 B.JPG
    100_0872 B.JPG
    715.5 KB · Views: 827
  • 100_0876 B.JPG
    100_0876 B.JPG
    651.4 KB · Views: 890
   / Modify rear blade to front blade and back? #7  
My only concern would be that it puts it a couple feet out past the end of the loader arms.

/ Modify rear blade to front blade and back? #8  
My only concern would be that it puts it a couple feet out past the end of the loader arms.
I would be concerned about that also. I am working on a design that would mount on the Q/A on the loader and the 3PH. You could use it on the loader in the winter and the 3PH in the summer. The design eliminates your concerns.

/ Modify rear blade to front blade and back? #9  
I would be concerned about that also. I am working on a design that would mount on the Q/A on the loader and the 3PH. You could use it on the loader in the winter and the 3PH in the summer. The design eliminates your concerns.

How? It sounds like the same thing.

How about a front frame mount 3 PH, shouldn't be too diffecult, just the lift and you could maybe use the loader for that?

I don't like the idea of impliments way out in front of the loader either.

JB.

/ Modify rear blade to front blade and back?
JB4310 said:
It's doable for sure, the way Mighty Dodge mentioned is the way I would do it.
get a cheap HF QH and mod it to work with JD's Quick attach system.

you don't want to mod the blade, just need an adaptor

Does your Kubota have a quick remove bucket?

I thought of it myself but to this point I have not had a need. I already have a front plow and forks.

3 point to skid steer - Google Search

Google image search shows many, mostly for skid steer type quick attach.

Funny thing I see a contraption I made in that search, it's the JD with the bucket on the back. click the picture it links to TBN and a prev thread on the subject.

JB.

No the bucket is attached to the loader arms permanently. I do have a quick hitch sitting doing nothing, just have to figure out how to attach it to the bucket in such a way it can be removed.