Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

Default Added a grill guard

Today I finished up modifying my kubota MX5100 brush guard with an expanded metal grill. Cut and welded the metal last weekend. Primed and painted after work during the week.

Unfortunately, because of the way the brush guard articulates, I had to use two separate pieces of expanded metal, leaving a bit of a gap between them on the finished product.

I should've done this last year BEFORE I jammed a stray limb through the nose of my tractor.

Jay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -grill-20110123-1-800x531-jpg   -grill-20110123-2-800x533-jpg   -grill-20100129-1-1000x665-jpg   -grill-20110129-2-800x754-jpg  

Looks real good I have the same grill guard I was thinking about the same thing!
    I stuck a limb in from under the tractor and it took out the bottom tank of radiator. Did yours damage the radiator to where it had to be replaced?I could not believe the cost of a new one!!!

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

Default Re: Added a grill guard

Quote Originally Posted by Degolyerent View Post
    I stuck a limb in from under the tractor and it took out the bottom tank of radiator. Did yours damage the radiator to where it had to be replaced?
    No. Thank goodness it only punctured the black plastic nose right at the bottom, resulting in a nice 6-inch split in the nose. Given the location of the impact, it would've taken out the battery before hitting the radiator if it had penetrated much further. Luckily it didn't.

I figured it was time to add a grill now that I've got a grapple and am spending a lot more time uprooting, moving, and piling gobs of brush.

Jay

Tractor
    J.D. 4310 E-hydro

Looks great!
    JD 4310; E hydro, 300CX, 48 BH, 60" box, 72" rake, 72" rear blade, cast pallet forks, 48", 61"HD & 73" high volume bucket.
    FORD 1700; 2 WD, 2600 hrs.
    JD 320; Hydra lift, 48" deck and 48" snow blade.
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500, Cummins 6.7L, Aisin 6 speed, 9ft utility body.

What kind of grapple do you have? I have been looking at them, quite costly from what I can find, I am going to try setting up the hydraulics myself,I believe I can get some good feedback on TBN to help guide me thru, I am a pretty good mechanic I have always repaired my own stuff for the last 40 + years by the way, I have a MX 4700 gear tractor and I love it!!!

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

Gator Attachments 60" light duty grapple, with W.R. Long electric over hydraulic 3rd function kit. The grapple was $1200 delivered from Gator, and the 3rd function kit was right at $600 out the door. (You can buy the Long kit only from a dealer.)

This thread documents my installation experience. (Sorry it's so wordy.) The picture of the grapple mounted on the tractor is the last photo.

You can install it. I'm a computer guy, and if I can do it, anyone can.

Jay

Tractor
    TC 30 Newholland

Looks great
    Army Grunt
    "Be who you are, say what you will, those that matter wont mind, those that mind don't matter".

Tractor
    JD 2320

Looks good. I have to wonder why the tractors don't come with guards like that. I'll send you mine and you can do something similar to it.
    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, FEL Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

Thanks guys.

Gizmo, your question is a good one. A grill like that seems so obviously useful; I, too, am curious why we don't see more tractors/brush guards coming from the factory with one already installed. Cost, I guess...

Tractor
    Ford 1900 FWD Kubota F2100E

If they came with brush guards like you built radiator sale would drop way off. Nice job.
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast