deere vertical exhaust modification

/ deere vertical exhaust modification #1  

williamemack

west of Boston winters and Lakes Region of NH summ
Tractor
Deere 4110,3520,NewHolland 2120
When I installed the vert exhaust kit, I found that I was getting exhaust in my face while underway. Perhaps this was due to the fact that the new pipe is much larger than the original down pipe, or maybe because thew new pipe was too short. My modification was to cut off the curved tip of the new pipe and cut out a section of the original down pipe and join the two pieces such that the new pipe is six inches longer and the tip is of a smaller diameter thus faster exhaust speed. A good custom muffler shop can help with the assembly. Mine charges $15. I have tried out this mod and it seems to do the trick.

now, can somebody tell me how to post pictures to this site. My son did these but he said that there has to be an easier way.

Attachments

• IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_1028.jpg
    IMG_1028.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 929
  • IMG_1030.jpg
    IMG_1030.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,522
   / deere vertical exhaust modification #2  
The pipe looks nice, just watch for low branches.

As far as posting pics goes, it's pretty simple. When you are posting, scroll down to the additional options area, click on the box that says manage attachments.

That opens another pane, at the top there are 4 boxes that say browse, click on one of those and now you are in your files on your machine, just find the pic you want and click it, that file name will show up next to the browse box.

Then click the upload button and the file name will then show up as current attachment in the manage attachments pane, then close that pane and the file should show up in the additional options area below the reply to thread box you were typing in. Then just hit submit reply.

Sounds more complex than it is, there are other ways of doing it as well but that's how I do it.

Good luck, JB.

Attachments

• Photo_00003.jpg
    Photo_00003.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 308
   / deere vertical exhaust modification #3  
That's a nice looking job! :)

I like a vertical exhaust on a tractor!

/ deere vertical exhaust modification #4  
The taller stack looks good............ but it'd look alot better if you had it chrome plated ! :D

/ deere vertical exhaust modification #5  
I must be running a different version of TBN, I don't have those icons.
This came up the other day with easier split qouting questions/methods.

???? gotta figure it out ????

JB

/ deere vertical exhaust modification #6  
I must be running a different version of TBN, I don't have those icons.
This came up the other day with easier split qouting questions/methods.

???? gotta figure it out ????

JB

Did you check the settings I mentioned in your "My Home"? It's the last thing under the "edit options" tab on the left once you go to "my home"

/ deere vertical exhaust modification
Thanks for the posting help, guys. I'll try it out next time.

Also, I agree that vert. exhausts look good...kinda like a REAL tractor, But, Ductape, chroming it, for me, makes the tractor look more like a show piece than the workhorse look I prefer. Your results may differ.:thumbsup:

/ deere vertical exhaust modification #8  
Did you check the settings I mentioned in your "My Home"? It's the last thing under the "edit options" tab on the left once you go to "my home"

Wow, I never knew ther were so many options I never even went in that My Home Tab.

I couldn't find it the other day when you mentioned it, but with the little more detail you gave here today, I found it and switched to that enhanced mode. Thanks

But now I've got to figure out all those icons :confused2: well it's sure quicker doing the smiles :) that may or may not be a good thing :D

Oh plus I finnaly got my clock set right, been on Lisbon time for the last 5 years :eek:

JB.

/ deere vertical exhaust modification #9  
Wow, I never knew ther were so many options I never even went in that My Home Tab.

I couldn't find it the other day when you mentioned it, but with the little more detail you gave here today, I found it and switched to that enhanced mode. Thanks

But now I've got to figure out all those icons :confused2: well it's sure quicker doing the smiles :) that may or may not be a good thing :D

Oh plus I finnaly got my clock set right, been on Lisbon time for the last 5 years :eek:

JB.

Happy to help:thumbsup:

/ deere vertical exhaust modification #10  
Nice, I like that mod a lot, I've been thinking about doing the same thing because I'd always thought the stack was too short. How much taller would you say it made the stack? 1'? How's the stability of the stack now? Just wondering because I'd be worried what effect that taller stack is going to have on the integrity of the exhaust elbow under the hood that it mounts to, and whether or not it could crack or damage it from the extra stress of more pipe rocking around on it.