Time to upgrade

/ Time to upgrade #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
Well this week I've put over 20 hours on the tractor and we got another storm on the way for tomorrow. This week I noticed one of my factory speakers was starting to make some distorted noises so I knew it was time to get them out of there for an upgrade. Although the factory Kubota stereo is working great this will be an opportunity to to put in a new Sony unit. With the new Sony I can attach my Iphone to it, Play MP3's WMA's and AAC. I like the idea of using a USB stick as well.

I ended up in the city yesterday and came back with a new set of Infinity Reference two way speakers. Wow these things are top quality compared to the ones I'm taking out that Kubota had in there. The first photo will show you the new speakers on the left and the old one on the right.

The next thing I had to do was remove the light bar on top of the cab and then remove the roof. All work has to be done underneath the roof. Once I got that off I removed the factory radio bracket and realized I'm going to need to drill out the spot welds for the two small ears on the factory bracket and weld them to the new bracket for my new stereo.

After I did some careful measuring the new Sony CDX-GT5400UI fit right in place. I had to figure out Kubota's wiring and used my DVM and labeled the wires then soldered and heat shirked them to the new harness.

I installed the new speakers and turned on the system and could hardly believe the awesome sound that came from it. Crystal clear and no distortion at any sound level and it's loud. I won't have it up very loud while operating the tractor but it's nice to know I could if I wanted to.

The unit also comes with a remote. I had the extra Ram mount so I put the remote on that. What I like about the remote is If I want to play a few tunes while the tractor is in the shop I can select the tunes from the shop floor. How cool is that.:cool: The Kubota radio with the CD played and weather station was fine. Worked well but I just wanted a few more bells and whistles in the cab. Here's a few photo's of the day.

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 624
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 503
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 466
  • s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 703
  • s5.jpg
    s5.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 618
  • s6.jpg
    s6.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 603
  • s7.jpg
    s7.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 598
  • s8.jpg
    s8.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 582
  • s10.jpg
    s10.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 570
  • s9.jpg
    s9.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
   / Time to upgrade
More photo's.

Attachments

• s11.jpg
    s11.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 323
  • s12.jpg
    s12.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 287
  • s13.jpg
    s13.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 301
  • s14.jpg
    s14.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 324
  • s18.jpg
    s18.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 363
  • s17.jpg
    s17.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 356
  • s16.jpg
    s16.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 350
  • s15.jpg
    s15.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 305
  • s19.jpg
    s19.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 464
   / Time to upgrade #4  
Nice upgrade ! I've noticed that with alot of newer stereos, it can be difficult to read the display when mounted overhead. Many manufacturers make the face so it can tilt upward to make it more visible, which is great for dashboard installs...... no so great for overhaed consoles. Was this an issue at all with your Sony? I assume the factory wiring was ample enough for the added power consumption of the new head unit. I need to upgrade my tunes also...... wouldn't have to spend alot to out-perform the stock unit. Hall & Oates would sound much better with a new stereo ! :laughing: ;);)

/ Time to upgrade
As usual...too cool for school! Now you need to add some outdoor speakers to it! :D

Now that's a thought :laughing:

Nice upgrade ! I've noticed that with alot of newer stereos, it can be difficult to read the display when mounted overhead. Many manufacturers make the face so it can tilt upward to make it more visible, which is great for dashboard installs...... no so great for overhaed consoles. Was this an issue at all with your Sony? I assume the factory wiring was ample enough for the added power consumption of the new head unit. I need to upgrade my tunes also...... wouldn't have to spend alot to out-perform the stock unit. Hall & Oates would sound much better with a new stereo ! :laughing: ;);)

Thanks buddy. Before I bought the thing I was looking at them on display and I could see the display at all angles so I bought it. I've always liked the Sony products. Wish I had the extra room to add more to the system but the only room left was in the bucket :(.
Those Kubota speakers were very sad at best. The difference is incredible now. No problem with the wiring handling it. Oh man I got to go listen to Hall & Oats now :thumbsup: Can anyone recommend a good pair of ear plugs :laughing:

/ Time to upgrade #6  
Are you going to install some sub woofers so people can hear you before they see you :laughing:

/ Time to upgrade #7  
Oh man I got to go listen to Hall & Oats now :thumbsup: Can anyone recommend a good pair of ear plugs :laughing:[/COLOR]

I think they tossed John Hall's butt out of the NY state house if I'm not mistaken.. he may be singin the blues these days..

/ Time to upgrade #8  
I'd be playing Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Diana Krall, etc on mine if I had a cabbed tractor...:)

/ Time to upgrade
I think they tossed John Hall's butt out of the NY state house if I'm not mistaken.. he may be singin the blues these days..

Now why did they go a do a thing like that! :confused: Either way it don't matter because he's not from Hall & Oates. :D
I'd be playing Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Diana Krall, etc on mine if I had a cabbed tractor...:)
Matt we usually see things in the same light but Diana Krall! :drool: