Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    MT180D

Default Re: How to add a crank mounted hydraulic pump

Quote Originally Posted by gsdavis1 View Post
    I am looking to add a custom front mounted hydraulic pump to my Mitsubishi MT180HD. I was hoping for some ideas from all of you here.

I was thinking I could use a shaft with a rag joint. But I have been unable to find where to buy generic shafts. Or I could use a small shaft with universal joints. It wont have to be big or long. The engine is 18hp and the pump will be mounted fairly close.

Does anyone have any pictures of their front PTO setup? Also, what are your recommendations for the pump size to power a loader and power steering.

Thank you everyone
    I also have a Mitsu MT180D and I mounted a second pump up front as you want to do.

I bought the following parts
    Coupling: pn 67495-90200
    Flange: pn 1019 5402 000

The flange is internally splined, but I welded a stub shaft to match my pump shaft and coupled with a flex joint.
    (Lovejoy would be a good flex joint to use)
    Pump sits on a plate that is bolted to the frame using existing frame holes.

Pump I used was. I think, a 5 GPM

I installed the second pump as the engine pump was much too slow for FEL use.
    Must be 10 years of operating and 7-800 hrs without any problems at all.
    (and I do a lot of FEL work)

Be happy to do pics but it is very cramped and really doubt that I could actually show details w/o dismantling 1/2 the front end. I also made a sturdy shield to protect the installation from rocks and debris etc.

Good luck, a really worthwhile mod, IMHO.

Silver Member

PILOON, did you use your existing hydraulic tank for or plumb the new pump to a new tank.

I am having a hard time with the part numbers. What supplier are they from?

Thanks
    Greg

Tractor
    MT180D

Quote Originally Posted by gsdavis1 View Post
    PILOON, did you use your existing hydraulic tank for or plumb the new pump to a new tank.

I am having a hard time with the part numbers. What supplier are they from?

Thanks
    Greg
    PN's are from my Mitsubishi MT180 parts manual.

My FEL uses one of the vertical 'pillars' as a tank, is like a 2 x 4 2 ft post and had plugged welded pipe threads top and bottom for inlet and outlet of fluid.
    However I see no reason as to not use the tractor main hydraulic reservoir as there is adequate capacity there.

Originally the FEL took its hydraulic from a factory rear AUX adapter block installed on rear 3-point valve.
    The PN's for that adaptor are:1021 6041 000 adaptor--1021 6006 000 spacer.
    These install between the cover of the 3 point valve and the 3-point assy.

I know that Bill who hangs out on the Mitsu/Sotah board is fabricating 'after market' clones of these items. Post a 'wanted' there and U should get a reply.
    While the factory system works fine, it was rather slow and the second front mounted pump was a definite upgrade performance wise.

I was lucky in that the day I purchased my used MT180 I was able to buy the factory manuals from one of the local dealers that was still active. I always make sure to have manuals for all my powered equipment. Pays off in the long run.
    The MT180D,HD etc line are NOT greys, they were North American complient tractors at the time but Mitsu just decided that they no longer wished to retail due to all the compiance, regulations and warrantee issues. They opted instead to concentrate on selling to OEM's engines only hence many such as Ford, Case, Kub Cadet, Bolens, IH often sport Mitsu engins.

Silver Member

I was thinking I could supply the pump using the bottom drain plug hole, but I fear too much contaminant entering the pump. I would install a filter but there is very little room underneath for one. I would have to route a line up and then back down. Do you think that the pump would pull the fluid that way.

Tractor
    Oliver Super 55

Check with Walt's Tractor Supply - Mor flex coupler and they offer some different length shaft's /configuration's.

Tractor
    2004 kubota b7510

I had a Ford 1310 that had a mid mower that was driven by an electric clutch from the front of the engine. there was a round washer that was about 3" in diameter and bolted to the pulley. there was a flange bolted to the washer and it was splined internally and had a shaft that went to the front through a pillow block and the clutch was mounted on the end. You might be able to look the parts up in the Ford microfiche the tractor was a 1988 1310 and I think the mower was a 916B. hope this helps, Ken.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    xyz

Heres pictures of the front pump I mounted on my Massey 135Attachment 307202Attachment 307206Attachment 307208 I made the pump mount adjustable up and down side to side to get it in proper alignment so its not in a bind. I wish I could have done something different with the hydraulic tank but options were limited. I had to purchase a new solid front pulley with holes drilled and tapped for the shaft drive. I built and adapter to drive the shaft and connected the pump to the shaft with a flex coupler with the rubber star between the coupler ends to take up any misalignment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12