chain and strap storage?

/ chain and strap storage? #21  
for me, i have found out hard way. that little metal tool boxes ya pick up like at sears, or a fishing lure box. are not so great. to a point the locks and hinges will bust rather quick or come open on there own.

5 gallon buckets is what i use. when i have the draw bar on the allis chalmers CA. i had some scarp metal laying around. and built a little C shape like support off the rear. then use a couple large bolts like hooks for the handles on the 5 gallon buckets. they work well for when i have the 100 foot cable i use for pulling some smaller size trees out of the woods.

if you have room between front and rear tires and high enough off the ground. drill some holes put a bolt through the frame. and get a large S hook that you can Squeeze one side down and around the bolt. to hang 5 gallon buckets off of.

there be another post in last couple days, of folks using 5 gallon buckets like soundguy and myself to load tools up into in the shop. then carry the 5 gallon buckets around to different projects.

for me it generally requires 2 to 3 buckets for a given project. one for tools, and other 2 for given materials or extra tools.

for chains, 5 gallon buckets tend to be easier. due to you have a lip you can hook end of chain to. and let the rest of the chain get mixed up in the bottom of the bucket without getting into to much of a mess.

if you have a ROPS or FOPS on your tractor. they make good mounting spots for 5 gallon buckets.

================
word of warning though. tractors love to bounce. and anything in a 5 gallon bucket, or tool box is likely to bounce out when you least expect it to.

Bouncing tractors, ain't that the truth. I ran a perfectly good shovel through the brush hog once.
Buckets for tools and parts work great. If you run across one of those tool pouches made for buckets, I highly recommend it. Keeps the screwdrivers, tape measure, pliers, etc. off the bottom at easy reach.
How the heck can you guys get the buckets to hang with heavy weight outside. It seems like if I let a plastic bucket see the sun for any time at all, it breaks apart.

/ chain and strap storage? #22  
Bouncing tractors, ain't that the truth. I ran a perfectly good shovel through the brush hog once.
Buckets for tools and parts work great. If you run across one of those tool pouches made for buckets, I highly recommend it. Keeps the screwdrivers, tape measure, pliers, etc. off the bottom at easy reach.
How the heck can you guys get the buckets to hang with heavy weight outside. It seems like if I let a plastic bucket see the sun for any time at all, it breaks apart.

5 gallon buckets are stored inside the shed. not outside.

if i get them loaded down pretty good. then they go in a bucket, or back of the blazer, or into the FEL on the 555C loader/backhoe. or onto a trailer. or just picked up a cheap pond scoop for the allis chalmers. so a couple buckets in it.

but generally buckets that i hang, have electrical fence hangers, or hammer and staples and small pry bar.

or some chains, if chains are log chains and long, i might skip the bucket and just drape them over the hook. with a little piece of wire to hold them on.

it just all depends, having a few hooks around the tractor. allows me to kinda balance things out.

/ chain and strap storage? #23  
I also added a couple of tubes next to the seat on my 790 for a hammer & big screwdriver, and a small ammo can clamped on the left loader mount holds a few basic tools. ~~ grnspot

Attachments

• FARM 030 (Custom).jpg
    FARM 030 (Custom).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 404
  • FARM 031 (Custom).jpg
    FARM 031 (Custom).jpg
    30 KB · Views: 387
   / chain and strap storage? #24  
Only thing about expanded metal, is you have to be careful of the size of the openings. I used expanded metal in the tongue of one of my trailers and the chain links get wedged in it and takes forever to undo. Very frustrating.

/ chain and strap storage? #25  
I went about it a little differently. Made plugs for the round cross pipes on the loader. Chains, straps, hammer and screwdriver and pipe wrench in them.

Attachments

• Kubota GL4240 HSTC 017.jpg
    Kubota GL4240 HSTC 017.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 335
  • Kubota GL4240 HSTC 018.jpg
    Kubota GL4240 HSTC 018.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 364
  • Kubota GL4240 HSTC 020.jpg
    Kubota GL4240 HSTC 020.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 347
  • Kubota GL4240 HSTC 022.jpg
    Kubota GL4240 HSTC 022.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 300
   / chain and strap storage? #26  
I went about it a little differently. Made plugs for the round cross pipes on the loader. Chains, straps, hammer and screwdriver and pipe wrench in them.

That looks nice but with my short little monkey arms doesn't stuff rattle into the center of the tube and get hard to reach?

/ chain and strap storage? #29  
:laughing::laughing::laughing: It's perfect, exactly what I was thinking, especially for a Treemonkey :laughing::laughing::laughing:

YouTube - Chimp fishing for termites

Even easier if you got a thumb on your foot :D

JB

In the words of Rodney Dangerfield "I get no respect!" :laughing: Bunch of smart a---- around here.. No problem though I knew it was coming.. You boys go ahead and eat your termites..

/ chain and strap storage? #30  

What is the pug made out of and how does it fasten or stay in the tube?