3pt quick hitch (iMatch) ideas

/ 3pt quick hitch (iMatch) ideas
Here are the first ones, just clamped it on my HF QH. I tried it with all implements except 3pt pto genny.

You can see in one of the pics the 3pt is almost all the way down and still higher than the trailer tongue, and that's a tall tongue. you would need a 6 inch drop insert minimum IMO.

Bought one of those HF hitch extensions for $24 there's enough material to cut and make 2 of them.

JB

On the iMatch the top hook is fixed and the bottom of the hook is flush with the underside of the top crossbar. For instance your pic shows a drop hitch where the drop bar extends above the receiver tube. Also the receiver hitch tube itself has a typical double wall end. These would have clearance issues with the iMatch top hook if mounted directly underneath.

With the receiver tube on top it's perfect for moving a gooseneck trailer. You could build a long drop hitch to yard move a standard tongue trailer.

/ 3pt quick hitch (iMatch) ideas #22  
On the iMatch the top hook is fixed and the bottom of the hook is flush with the underside of the top crossbar. For instance your pic shows a drop hitch where the drop bar extends above the receiver tube. Also the receiver hitch tube itself has a typical double wall end. These would have clearance issues with the iMatch top hook if mounted directly underneath.

With the receiver tube on top it's perfect for moving a gooseneck trailer. You could build a long drop hitch to yard move a standard tongue trailer.

I'm doing this first to the HF QH, but looks like it can be done with the I match as well just need an extension for some inserts.

I'm going out right now to fool around with it some more :D

JB.

/ 3pt quick hitch (iMatch) ideas #23  
I've seen lots of great posts for customizing ballast boxes. Adding pipes for tool transport. Adding receiver hitches. I've not seen anything similar for customizing quick hitches. This is curious to me so I have to ask why? The QH is always on. The ballast box gets dropped everytime you need to mount a 3pt attachment. Seems to me it would be better to customize the quick hitch. Here are my initial ideas. Side pockets for tool transport. A receiver hitch mounted atop the top link. Perfect for a gooseneck trailer mover or add a small cargo carrier for carrying stuff above your mounted 3pt attachment, even above your ballast box. ;)

What do you think? Anyone done something similar?

Well I copied most of your ideas, even the top receiver and the side boxes :eek:

The lower center mount receiver is now not only handy, but I already consider it a necessity, as I used it twice yesterday.

I will start another thread so I don't hijack yours anymore, but will give you credit for the idea.

Also for the boxes on the side I used 4x4 cause that's what I had, but that size is limited to just 9-10 ft of 3/8 chain. I wanted to use 4x6 but could not find it. I just tacked these on so when I find some light 4x6 I'll put that on.
With 4x6 you could put a sledge hammer or an axe and much more chain etc.

JB.

Attachments

• DSC04325.jpg
    DSC04325.jpg
    730.9 KB · Views: 347
   / 3pt quick hitch (iMatch) ideas
Well I copied most of your ideas, even the top receiver and the side boxes :eek:

The lower center mount receiver is now not only handy, but I already consider it a necessity, as I used it twice yesterday.

I will start another thread so I don't hijack yours anymore, but will give you credit for the idea.

Also for the boxes on the side I used 4x4 cause that's what I had, but that size is limited to just 9-10 ft of 3/8 chain. I wanted to use 4x6 but could not find it. I just tacked these on so when I find some light 4x6 I'll put that on.
With 4x6 you could put a sledge hammer or an axe and much more chain etc.

JB.

Great work JB. :D