3pt quick hitch (iMatch) ideas

/ 3pt quick hitch (iMatch) ideas #1  

dmay

Gold Member
Tractor
2010 JD2320
I've seen lots of great posts for customizing ballast boxes. Adding pipes for tool transport. Adding receiver hitches. I've not seen anything similar for customizing quick hitches. This is curious to me so I have to ask why? The QH is always on. The ballast box gets dropped everytime you need to mount a 3pt attachment. Seems to me it would be better to customize the quick hitch. Here are my initial ideas. Side pockets for tool transport. A receiver hitch mounted atop the top link. Perfect for a gooseneck trailer mover or add a small cargo carrier for carrying stuff above your mounted 3pt attachment, even above your ballast box. ;)

What do you think? Anyone done something similar?

Attachments

• iMatch ideas.jpg
    iMatch ideas.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 882
   / 3pt quick hitch (iMatch) ideas #2  
Go for it... I have seen pictures on 4x6 steel tube welded to the sides to hold chains and such...

/ 3pt quick hitch (iMatch) ideas
I have not welded since high school, some 33 yrs ago. I signed up for a MIG welding course that starts in 3 weeks. I hope to make this a class project.

/ 3pt quick hitch (iMatch) ideas #4  
You know that pictures are required:thumbsup:

/ 3pt quick hitch (iMatch) ideas #5  
I rarely operate tractor without something on the QH, usually ballast box.

I have not installed a receiver tube on my ballast box, cause I figure if I'm towing a trailer I don't want/need all that extra weight. and since I have a dedicated receiver hitch designed for QH I would just use that.

You are right, don't see much QH mods, you got me thinking as long as it wont interfere with any future implement attachment, I think you are on to something. the receiver tube on the QH would save me from having to install that receiver set up I have.

Could that tube go under the top structure? I'm gonna look at mine.
I've got 2 QH's, one JD and one HF. I've got a blank tube from HF that I've been just itching to do something with, maybe I'll try and marry them. I'd try it on the HF one to experiment :)

Good idea, I'm a nut for those receiver tubes.

JB

/ 3pt quick hitch (iMatch) ideas #6  
My QH is one of my best investments. It has prevented a lot of medical bills.

Custom # 1 - Hose loop added to the top keeps the hydraulic hoses from snagging.

Custom #2 - hooks on the side - for tie down and also, more important, with a chain sling under the tounge of heavy equipment. I lift with the 3pt and back the draw bar into the implement tounge (sp?) . Tonight i hooked up a 14' disk in a couple of minutes with no dirty words, and very safely. The sling keeps the impliment at the same hiegth but allows me to move the tractor forward or back until the holes align.

Custom #3 - the top link adapter stays on the hitch all the time. A bolt welded to the adapter prevents it from swinging too far forward. Enough for gravity to keep it forward but not into the hyd top link, and it fold down for use with the shreader. .

Custom # 4 - I took another Imatch and welded wings on it to fit my Nobtach. Now I can use any QH equipment on the front of my FEL. The boom pole pulled up my windmill.

Could that tube go under the top structure?

It could as long as you mount it to clear the bottom of the top hook. On my iMatch there are three holes in the top crossmember. Two on the right side of the top hook, one on the left. Might be able to weld onto a receiver hitch tube a bolt on mounting plate.

For myself I want it above so that I could use the receiver hitch with 3pt implements attached. Here are two examples. I have a receiver hitch 4 position bike rack that would also be a great and secure attachment point for handled (rakes/shovels) or long shank (weedeater) tools. I also have a receiver hitch cargo hauler that would permit carrying all kinds of stuff above an attached implement.

Last edited:
   / 3pt quick hitch (iMatch) ideas #8  
I like your idea of adding a receiver hitch to the top. I plan on doing that so I can carry either a toolbox or my tractor tub back there.

Attachments

• IMG_3056.jpg
    IMG_3056.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 753
My QH is one of my best investments. It has prevented a lot of medical bills.

Custom # 1 - Hose loop added to the top keeps the hydraulic hoses from snagging.

Custom #2 - hooks on the side - for tie down and also, more important, with a chain sling under the tounge of heavy equipment. I lift with the 3pt and back the draw bar into the implement tounge (sp?) . Tonight i hooked up a 14' disk in a couple of minutes with no dirty words, and very safely. The sling keeps the impliment at the same hiegth but allows me to move the tractor forward or back until the holes align.

Custom #3 - the top link adapter stays on the hitch all the time. A bolt welded to the adapter prevents it from swinging too far forward. Enough for gravity to keep it forward but not into the hyd top link, and it fold down for use with the shreader. .

Custom # 4 - I took another Imatch and welded wings on it to fit my Nobtach. Now I can use any QH equipment on the front of my FEL. The boom pole pulled up my windmill.

I like all the ideas. Pics would be appreciated.

Thinking about your #4 idea to make the QH mount on the FEL, I'm wondering if the side pockets I was considering in my original post could be made to support a John Deere hook & pin set up on the back side to facilitate FEL mounting.

/ 3pt quick hitch (iMatch) ideas #10  
The attached picture was posted last year by one of our TBN members. I wish I could recall his name so I could give him the credit.

Attachments

• Quick Hitch with tool boxes.jpg
    Quick Hitch with tool boxes.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 1,692