Stabilizer chains...

/ Stabilizer chains... #1  

HiTechTed

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
I got the 3PT stabilizer kit for my L3400...to make a long story short it was a very worthy investment! Anyway, now the stock turnbuckle-type stabilizers are just sitting around. I wonder if they can be used for any other project? Have any of you put them to use in some other way?

I guess if I can't come up with a good way to use them, and anybody here needs them, just PM me and I'd send them your way for a few bucks + shipping. No need for them to go to waste.

/ Stabilizer chains... #2  
Got my kit on order.... or I should say backordered. :( Another month or so.

Dealer didn't even know it was an option for the L2800/3400...:confused2:

/ Stabilizer chains... #3  
ME ME ME. I trashed mine.

/ Stabilizer chains...
Got my kit on order.... or I should say backordered. :( Another month or so.

Dealer didn't even know it was an option for the L2800/3400...:confused2:

My dealer didn't know, either. At first when I had him look up the part number he said it wasn't valid, then saw that it was and ordered the kit for me. Now he knows I guess!

wvpolekat I wrote you back, let me know...

/ Stabilizer chains... #5  
My dealer didn't know, either. At first when I had him look up the part number he said it wasn't valid, then saw that it was and ordered the kit for me. Now he knows I guess!...
How long ago did you get them??? My dealer has had them back ordered since Dec. 2010... have you gotten them since then?

/ Stabilizer chains... #6  
I guess I've got three questions, like the old man at the bridge in "The Holy Grail".. no worries about getting flung over the edge though :)

1) Roughly how much were they?

2) Is there any "fine adjustment" to take up a little bit of slack, or is it just the nearest hole?

3) What is the part number?

Thanks,

Sean

/ Stabilizer chains...
Teg, I ordered them in February and got them last week. It was about 3 weeks from ordering to having them in my hands...

Chilly, they were $169 + shipping (right around 180 total) and that's for the entire kit, to replace both sides. From my short experience with them, there's no fine adjustment but once you determine the right length and put the pins in, there's very little side to side movement. There is one setting that intentionally allows the implement to move side to side quite a lot...I don't know what that's for so somebody with more experience will have to fill you in on that. The part number is L8430. Don't be surprised if your dealer doesn't know about this...seems few of them do until they dig a little and figure it out.

hope this helps!

/ Stabilizer chains... #8  
   / Stabilizer chains... #9  
Teg, I ordered them in February and got them last week. It was about 3 weeks from ordering to having them in my hands...

Chilly, they were $169 + shipping (right around 180 total) and that's for the entire kit, to replace both sides. From my short experience with them, there's no fine adjustment but once you determine the right length and put the pins in, there's very little side to side movement. There is one setting that intentionally allows the implement to move side to side quite a lot...I don't know what that's for so somebody with more experience will have to fill you in on that. The part number is L8430. Don't be surprised if your dealer doesn't know about this...seems few of them do until they dig a little and figure it out.

hope this helps!

Thanks for the info. Now that I think about it, the telescoping style would allow very little slop anyway, since they resist motion both ways. The turnbuckle type is really only effective when in tension.

Sean

/ Stabilizer chains... #10  
...there's no fine adjustment but once you determine the right length and put the pins in, there's very little side to side movement...
Final got mine... but hate them :mad::mad: Way more than 2" movement. Every joint is sloppy with lots of play in them. :mad:

I ended up removing them and putting on the turn buckle... and was happy with them!

You said they had "very little side to side", I had almost 2" of sloppy movement... what the heck??? I could not recommend these and might weld up my own...

I had a couple extra bolts in the package? was there a mounting bracket that I'm missing? I'll try and post photos...