I'm seeking knowledge on remote hydrolics

/ I'm seeking knowledge on remote hydrolics #1  

Mark_in_NH

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35D w/ 16LA FEL
I\'m seeking knowledge on remote hydrolics

I know I have stated several times, that I don't really mind having to get off my tractor to angle my front mounted snow blade, I am now thinking that it would be A Lot more fun and versatile if I could angle the blade from my seat.
In order for me to do this, I will not only need to purchase and install cylinders for the plow (brackets are already there) but most importantlly. I would need additional hydrolics on the tractor.
So I am seeking knowledge on rear remotes. How can I tell if my exhisting hydrolics will except rear remotes ? How does a person go about making this project / idea come to life without just taking the tractor to one of my local dealers and say do it.

/ I'm seeking knowledge on remote hydrolics #2  
Re: I\'m seeking knowledge on remote hydrolics

I saw another thread about this and he mentioned two cylinders as well.

My power angle snowplow only uses one hydraulic cylinder. Why do you need two?

/ I'm seeking knowledge on remote hydrolics

<font color=green>My power angle snowplow only uses one hydraulic cylinder. Why do you need two? </font color=green>

No particular reason really, and maybe I don't need 2.
The plow frame has brackets for 2, so I have to assume it was designed for 2. So in my mind I am invisioning 2. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

Heck !! Mossroad, I don't know what I am doing, haven't you figured that out yet /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ I'm seeking knowledge on remote hydrolics #4  

/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

My truck snow plow had two. I was told it was because the hydraulics could only push, not pull, on that unit.

The tractor is different. It can push and pull. If you only need one cylinder, it might save you a hundred bucks on an extra cylinder, and then some more $$ on hoses and fittings. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attached are a couple of pictures I took a year or two ago. They are of a larger Kubota with a Fisher Blade mounted to the loader.
This is were I got the idea to do mine and the way I was going to do it. In the 2 pictures you will see that they used 2 cylinders and I see 2 hydraulic lines.
I am guessing and assuming that with one cylinder pushing the blade out, that the other cylinder has no flow pressure behind it and therefore will retract due to the force comming from cylinder #1.
Then when you move the lever the other way sending fluid to cylinder #2 etc. etc. You get the idea.
Am I even close to understanding the mechanics behind this ??
It seems quite simple in my mind to do what I am thinking, assuming my theory's are correct. Or do I have less of a clue than I think I do ??

Attachments

• 37-222608-ap03_003.jpg
    37-222608-ap03_003.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 246

Picture #2

Attachments

• 37-222610-ap03_004.jpg
    37-222610-ap03_004.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 184
   / I'm seeking knowledge on remote hydrolics #7  

So you have a truck snow plow that you want to use?

Then you are correct. I was assuming(shame on me) that you were using a backblade on the front, not a truck type blade.

They have relpacement cylinders for most truck type snow blades at Northern. You should be able to hook it up with no problems.

Mossroad,
Sorry if I hadn't made that clear. Attached is a picture of my tractor / plow as it is today. I was under the impression it was an OLD Fisher, only because I think I remember seeing a yellow Fisher tag on the back of it 7 years ago when I first aquired it. But then somebody told me that it had to be a old Myers because the whole blade trips rather than just a trip edge.
I don't know what brand it is !!!

Attachments

• 37-222620-CopyofPB300002.JPG
    37-222620-CopyofPB300002.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 214
   / I'm seeking knowledge on remote hydrolics #9  

I've never seen a red Myers. Maybe it is a Western.

Anyway, I don't see why a single, double acting cylinder wouldn't work on your plow. Or two if you feel so inclined/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I'd look into an electric solenoid selector valve and tee off from the hydraulics that dump your bucket. Then mount the control button for the cylinder on the joystick of your bucket. Then, you could hold the bucket and angle the plow by pulling or pushing the joystick. When you let off the button, normal dump functions would return to the joystick.

Woe ! MossRoad, slow down there !!!!!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

First off, take a closer look at that there plow. Thats good old New England Rust !! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif We don't mess around with paint here. Actually I was thinking of painting it <font color=green>green</font color=green>.
As for the rest of it. You lost me on the " I'd look into" /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
My tractor / loader is old enough that it still has 2 control levers, down by my right thigh. They are actually quite comfortable to operate being In a natural spot for the hand to rest.

Here is some of my thinking, as strange as it may be.
As much as I love my tractor and think "Why don't I just keep it, once it is $ paid $ for " In the back of my mind I still want to trade it in for a TC35D in the next year or two.
So !!!!!! I hadn't really planned on doing to much in the way of modifications to this tractor. But !!!!!!! If I can add this remote hydraulic function at a reasonable cost I will. I can get a year or 2's use out of it and it enhances the sale or trade in value.
I was thinking, "right or wrong" of a remote or set of, on the rear of the tractor and then just run the necessary hose / hose's forward, utalizing quick connects. What kind of a control lever or where to mount it is a ????? I don't know what is typical or common.
This way, I figure the remotes are there to be used anyway possible by me or a possible future owner.

So !!!!! Short of me taking my tractor to a dealer for this. How can I dertermine if my present tractor hydraulics and or loader control valve has the capability of this modification ?
If capable. What all would I need for parts ? How would I go about it ? And where might the best place be, to get the necessary componants ?

MossRoad,
The more I think about your idea, the more I understand how it would work, so I'm not discounting it as a sound possability. But at the moment, I am thinking that a typical setup of rear remotes would give me the best possible return down the road for $$$ spent now.
Yankee Frugality in the works here !!!!!!!!!!!!!