Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B6100E

Default Where to put toolbox on little Kubota?

I was trying to figure out where to put a toolbox on my little B6100. I can't put it in back, there is no room between the 3pt and seat with the top link only 4"s from the seat back at max lift. I picked up a metal toolbox at a garage sale a few weeks ago and was thinking of putting in front of the tractor over the front weights (no loader). I am a little worried about airflow to the radiator. The toolbox would be about 8" in front of the grill and not block any air to the sides, top and bottom. Toolbox brush guard ? Here is a pic of the bracket I whipped up in SketchUp to mount it to the existing threaded holes intended for a front PTO(I think) and place it over the front weights.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -front-tool-box-tray-jpg  
    Kubota B6100E w/ 48" finish mower, 25gal sprayer, 42" Gannon BB

Veteran Member

Default Re: Where to put toolbox on little Kubota?

I'm struggling with basically the same problem. I have a B7100 with a loader. I think I am going to mount an ammo can on the horizontal part of the ROPS just to the left of the seat. The can will sit centered over the ROPS structure with the longer dimension running front to back.

Nice Sketchup work!

Tractor
    kubota B26 TLB,former B7610 owner

When i had my b7610,i mounted a "weight box" directly in front of the grill
    and i was a big box.Big enough to hold 300# of scrap steel.Anyway,at the time i too wondered about blocking the airflow to the radiator.Then i noticed that the battery is mounted in front of the radiator.So i figured whats the difference?I mounted the box in front of the radiator and never did have any problems.
    If by chance your battery is mounted like mine was,(in front of the radiator)i'd go ahead and do it.
    I'm not familiar with your model tractor though. Just watch the temp gauge for awhile after installation.
    Digger2
    Kubota B26 TLB
    Ex Wives.....Ahhhh,the memories

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

fender mount it..

soundguy

Tractor
    2015 Kubota B2620

I have a BX 25 and on the back of the seat are plastic plugs and behind them are lugs for attaching arm rests. I got a 50 cal.ammo box and drilled out holes to match the ones in the seat and mounted one there. I don't know if your seat is set up the same way though,but if it is,it's a good place to mount one. My seat also has to turn around for the backhoe and the toolbox doesn't get in the way. If you need pictures I can post them.They are on my other computer. My post should be in here somewhere under "Toolbox for BX25"
    2015 B2620 Tractor,loader,backhoe.
    48" boxblade
    3 pt.Hydraulic log splitter
    50" front mount snow blower
    3 pt.post hole digger
    52" Ratchet Rake
    48" 3Pt. CountyLine rototiller

Tractor
    kubota bx2660

Not a tool box but i got a lg cointainer and painted it orange and got a magnate and put near my cup holder. It doesn't move but it holds some tools and shear pins etc. added a magnetic holder on my robs to hold my radio hetset when not in use.

Tractor
    Kubota B6100E

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    fender mount it..

soundguy
    I don't have much of a fender to mount to, see pic below. I will probably use it to brace a bracket to mount a chainsaw scabard just inside the fender behind the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatt51 View Post
    I have a BX 25 and on the back of the seat are plastic plugs and behind them are lugs for attaching arm rests. I got a 50 cal.ammo box and drilled out holes to match the ones in the seat and mounted one there. I don't know if your seat is set up the same way though,but if it is,it's a good place to mount one. My seat also has to turn around for the backhoe and the toolbox doesn't get in the way. If you need pictures I can post them.They are on my other computer. My post should be in here somewhere under "Toolbox for BX25"
    That is a pretty good idea. I am not sure my seat will hold much weight as it just has a SMV sign bracket molded into the plastic. If I had ROPS on it I could put a bracket for it, but since it is non folding, and I would need it to be, I don't have one mounted. Pic of back:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -kubota-tractor-002-small-jpg  

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

you have plenty of fender.. way more profile than the shallow clamshells I have on many of my fords..build an offset 90' bracket that hits a top and a side and mount the box to that. us military ammo cans make great tool boxes..

30caal would be great for that one. 50 cal would be as wide as the top of that rear portion of the fender and not out of the question either..

soundguy

Tractor
    J.D. 4310 E-hydro

I found out what compact meant in CUT, Not alot of extra real estate for mounting things like a tool box. I ended up with an ammo can on the right floor board just outside the hydro pedals.

I never use that side to get on or off due to the loader stick, so it does not interfere with anything. Mine is 7.62 mm, it's a good size for some hand tools, pins etc.

JB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscn6353-jpg   -dscn6354-jpg  
    JD 4310; E hydro, 300CX, 48 BH, 60" box, 72" rake, 72" rear blade, cast pallet forks, 48", 61"HD & 73" high volume bucket.
    FORD 1700; 2 WD, 2600 hrs.
    JD 320; Hydra lift, 48" deck and 48" snow blade.
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500, Cummins 6.7L, Aisin 6 speed, 9ft utility body.

Tractor
    Kubota B6100E

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I need to get an ammo can in my hands to see how it fits. I like how they are sealed from the elements. There are so many size differences and mislistings out there(ie .30's actually 7.62's).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast