Post hole digger to Quick Hitch?

/ Post hole digger to Quick Hitch? #11  
1st pic is with 3pt down and top link retracted, end of boom 22" off ground.
2nd is with top link extended part way, boom hits the ground.
3rd & 4th pics are at fully raised top link retracted = 6'. Gear box with auger are 4'8" so I should have plenty of height.

If weather holds tomorrow I will get neighbor to help hang gear box and auger back on, stress test my welding and maybe shoot a little video.

Still wondering how the PHD turned out...looked like a great idea!

/ Post hole digger to Quick Hitch? #13  
You may want to try sending him a message, he may not be subscribed to this thread anymore.

/ Post hole digger to Quick Hitch?
Sorry for not updateing this sooner, I wanted to make a video of it but that hasn't worked out due to no one to help. It works quite well, but I do want to fine tune my top hook connection to make it a little easier to hook up. As it is, it is still faster to hook up than taking the QH off. Digging is great. I great positioned where I wan to drill, extend the hydraulic top link until auger hits the ground, then drill while lower the the 3pt. Move the auger up & down only with the 3pt to clean the hole, then raise 3pt completly then retract top link to lift all the way up.
Two advantages I found are:
1. PHD has more travel using 2 functions. It raises higher and will dig deeper when needed.
2. With it mounted to the QH, the arc of the gear box/auger when digging is less so very little movement forward after the auger starts to dig is required to keep the hole straight.

/ Post hole digger to Quick Hitch? #15  
Thanks for the update SSdoxie I cant wait to see the video when you get one! I would like to see pics though!